• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music What kind of music does everyone listen too?

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone! To kick start this discussion topic, I just wanted to ask what everyone else listens too!

I listen to Trap, Dubstep, Rap, Hip-hop, R&B, Metal, Rock, Alternative, etc.

Reactions: TMUOfficial

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone! To kick start this discussion topic, I just wanted to ask what everyone else listens too!

I listen to Trap, Dubstep, Rap, Hip-hop, R&B, Metal, Rock, Alternative, etc.

Depends really.

Lately though a lot of rap believe it or not XD

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Anything that catches my attention, I will listen to :] Maybe except for country and acoustic... they make me sleepy.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
OMG! I definitely don't prefer country nor acoustic! They completely bore me. Exactly the same as you, I will begin to fall asleep!
Haha, and I don't even want to fall asleep to them! I'd rather listen to the rain :L

On the other hand ;] Karmin got out another cover song recently. It's for that Panda song by Desiigner (I swear I hear it on the radio and I could not understand a word he was saying. Thought to myself, "I know this has to be something from Youtube). And it's super sweet.

OP
OP
Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Karmin got out another cover song recently. It's for that Panda song by Desiigner
I forgot ALL about Karmin! I listened to some of her music a while back, but I just searched up her cover for Panda! It was fantastic!

These days, mostly video game covers. Outside of those, I like a lot of prog stuff (rock, metal, folk), I like some jazz, and am usually a big fan of things incorporating orchestral/symphonic/acoustic instruments, etc.,

I don't know if it's a genre thing...it's mostly that I tend to like music that have a certain range of complexity -- music that is too typical/standard/safe tends to bore me (although I do have my guilty pop pleasures), but music that is too strange is also too difficult for me to keep track of. The range in between is the sweet spot.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
These days, mostly video game covers. Outside of those, I like a lot of prog stuff (rock, metal, folk), I like some jazz, and am usually a big fan of things incorporating orchestral/symphonic/acoustic instruments, etc.,

Hey dude, if you like orchestral things, you should check out the OST of Gatchaman Crowds. You don't even have to watch the anime, but the OST is fantastic in its mix of orchestra and electronic music. The track 19 Crowds and 17 Ziel der Hydra are awesome stuff :]

Last edited:
Reactions: subversiveasset
OP
OP
Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

I don't know if it's a genre thing...it's mostly that I tend to like music that have a certain range of complexity -- music that is too typical/standard/safe tends to bore me (although I do have my guilty pop pleasures), but music that is too strange is also too difficult for me to keep track of. The range in between is the sweet spot.
Could you give of some song examples? I'm actually very curious as to what you listen too!

Could you give of some song examples? I'm actually very curious as to what you listen too!

So, probably a good example of something that blends video game music with prog metal/rock would be Legendav's cover of the Pokemon Flute song. There's just so many great layers there.

For an example of a prog song that has the sweet spot of complexity (not too little, not too much) and plus an incorporation of acoustic/symphonic instruments like sax, clarinet, etc., I'd probably point to Mirthkon's "daddylonglegz". There's a bit of an irregular beat structure, some unexpected note progression (but it still is very much a very cohesive song.) ...Interesting, Mirthkon actually has songs that are just TOO chaotic for me -- their "Johnny Yen" is just too discordant, too chaotic for me to really appreciate.

I also like music that seems to have simple parts, but the parts add up to something that is far more than the sum of the parts. Here, I'd point to something like Anna Meredith's "Nautilus" -- each part plays enough that you can tell that the basic parts are simple and perhaps even repetitive, but when they are all layered on top of one another, it becomes something very different.

I actually wanted to cover that song, except I have never figured out how to write it out! It seems like the parts are not at the same time signature as each other, so where the beat it is emphasized changes subtly...and yet, the parts all still work together!

Reactions: Jay
OP
OP
Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for replying back to my question bud! It's always great to see what other people are into!

SentaiBrad

TubeBuddy Star
The last few days I can't stop listening to The Mega's, I love all of their albums front to back. MegaMan based music, but not like you might think. :p

I also love Ska actually a lot. It's one of the genre's I've listened to the most in the past few years. It mixes with Punk and Alternative a lot too. [URL='https://t.co/0RiR6n06rh']pdora.co/1JOG61e [/URL]
That should link to a 3rd Wave ska Radio, presumebly with the data I've curated for a while now, so it'd be pretty accurate.

Reactions: Mohona888 and Jay
OP
OP
Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That should link to a 3rd Wave ska Radio, presumebly with the data I've curated for a while now, so it'd be pretty accurate.

I followed the link! First song that popped up for me: Death Valley | Fall Out Boy!

I'm going to listen to this for a few more minutes! Thanks for the post mate!

OP
OP
Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yea you might get a lot of Punk and Alternative mixed in there too. Pandora started to recommend more and more to me.
Still listening as I'm typing this! I have disliked a few songs, but it sounds great overall!

BrooketotheAshley

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Pop, R&B, J-pop (let's throw in anime OSTs with that), game OSTs, rap, trip hop, neo soul,lounge, alternative, trap, edm and more @_@ I just like what I like and usually have trouble identifying artists by their music types these days.

SZA | Babylon, Orange Lounge | Mobo Moga, Tackey & Tsubasa | One Day, One Dream and Drake feat Rihanna | Too Good are some of my top favorite songs right now :relieved:

Reactions: Jay
OP
OP
Jay

Jay

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I just like what I like and usually have trouble identifying artists by their music types these days
There are SO many different genres out there nowadays! It's hard to even tell the difference! Some artists may even switch up their genre between two different songs!