• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Anyone using OBS for their YT videos?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Huh, I never thought of that before... Might have to start doing that, thanks! I usually just kinda picked a certain visual que for me to start talking and then sync it up that way. Obviously that won't be 100% perfect though XD
I've done it like how you did too, but I got tired of it xD It's easier to sync it up with the audio file than through visual.

Doug

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Yeah, I'll continue to stick with OBS, at least until I can afford something else. Besides, I kinda like OBS. Maybe it's not the best, but it's free, it has many different features and plugins and you can be super creative with it. Plus all the sources can be overlaid in different order. Very easy to work with. I do wish audio could be saved separately though because currently, I have to Audacity to record my mic and OBS for game. Then I have to sync it...

OBS can create multi-track audio.
I can route desktop audio (game audio) to a separate track as my Mic.
Then post-edit I can work with them individually.

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
OBS can create multi-track audio.
I can route desktop audio (game audio) to a separate track as my Mic.
Then post-edit I can work with them individually.
It can, but it doesn't export a microphone audio file separately. I need to separate files, one video file with game sound and one audio file with my voice.
I also use OBS Classic, not Studio. I tried Studio when it was newer, and I hated it. Actually, it was OBS Multiplatform at the time. I've found tricks and cool things with OBS Classic, so that's what I'm sticking with, lol

Cybie

Recognized Member
It can, but it doesn't export a microphone audio file separately. I need to separate files, one video file with game sound and one audio file with my voice.
I also use OBS Classic, not Studio. I tried Studio when it was newer, and I hated it. Actually, it was OBS Multiplatform at the time. I've found tricks and cool things with OBS Classic, so that's what I'm sticking with, lol
I originally did not like OBS Studio when it first came out as well but I managed to grow into it once I delved into the finer details on how to record and get all my audio settings done properly. Although unfinished compared to the older counterpart, I only need to use OBS Studio compared to using the original OBS for recording video, and then try to sync with the microphone recording with Audacity while editing. Anything to save time editing is a major boon for me. Recording with multiple audio tracks is a major time saver.

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I originally did not like OBS Studio when it first came out as well but I managed to grow into it once I delved into the finer details on how to record and get all my audio settings done properly. Although unfinished compared to the older counterpart, I only need to use OBS Studio compared to using the original OBS for recording video, and then try to sync with the microphone recording with Audacity while editing. Anything to save time editing is a major boon for me. Recording with multiple audio tracks is a major time saver.
Oh for sure, saving time is always important. For myself, I have a bunch of things set up in OBS for my weekly live streams like images and the live chat and everything, so I don't want to change to studio, lol. I feel like I'd spend more time switching than I do syncing audio, especially now that I use @Ikerot 's suggestion of recording it for a sec with OBS.

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
hi..i am facing issue of audio recording in OBS studio...can you help
I don't know much about OBS Studio, I use Classic, but I have had similar problems myself before. Can you describe the issue in more detail? Which audio is it, your microphone? Or is audio from a game/program or your computer in general?