• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!
  • Guest - Get your 2020 year in review! Click Here to get your review!

Gear Question What program do you use to record?

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
Hiya everyone! I have a gaming channel and I am currently using OBS to record my videos with. It seems like I have problem after problem with OBS when it comes to recording. I won't get into that though. However, I am just curious if anyone uses a different program to record your content?

Thank you!

Ikerot

Not a mod
Administrator
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I mainly use OBS now. It can be tricky if you don't have your settings correct, but I usually only have that issue in the beginning when I'm setting it up.

Other than that, I used to use Bandicam or Dxtory, which I found to be sufficient when I was still recording games.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Administrator
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I need to look into that one a bit more I think. I haven't tried it, but whenever I've gamed, Windows likes to remind me it exsists.
Yeah, I know a YouTuber who uses Window's integrated recording software and he says it works relatively well. I've never used it myself so I can't say.

Beanie Draws

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I know a YouTuber who uses Window's integrated recording software and he says it works relatively well. I've never used it myself so I can't say.
OBS is horrible on my Surface pro 4 when trying to record Minecraft. I suspect some test experiments will be happening this week :p

laurenproctor

laurenproctor32.com
Subscriber Goal
If I'm livestreaming, I use OBS and pipe the stream out to twitch, YouTube, etc. If I am uploading the video after recording, I usually use Camtasia (with Screenflow as a close second).

MrVoidable

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use my Radeon Software to record most of my stuff, also OBS is a good way to record, Search on YouTube guides on improving settings on OBS.

Jokoman93

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use obs, I tried using streamlabs obs but had so many quality issues. So I tried OBS and it worked perfectly. The thing about OBS is it automatically adjusts the settings to match your specs which helped me a lot

Beanie Draws

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I use obs, I tried using streamlabs obs but had so many quality issues. So I tried OBS and it worked perfectly. The thing about OBS is it automatically adjusts the settings to match your specs which helped me a lot
that's interesting, I thought it was the other way around, with streamlabs adjusting settings for quality. I haven't really recorded with either for a while though.

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
For me, if I'm recording audio, I use Logic Pro X and then I use Final Cut Pro X to sync the audio with the video.