• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Community Any Plans For The Summer?

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Summer is upon us (and I'm slowly getting the summer cold because California keeps turning on the hot/cold switch like it's a light)!

Do you have any plans for the summer? Whether you're off school and you're just chilling, or you're going on vacation.

The only plans I have currently is attending VidCon and going to a water park later on :)

Reactions: Damon

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
The water hose at home is likely to get a lot of attention this year. My wife wants a pool so I'll likely be getting a small one just to lay in to cool off and maybe a kiddie pool for the dog cause even he's avoiding the backyard during the day. It gets so hot on some days I may have to consider giving the dog some ice in his water bowl. Beyond that, I don't have any plans this year. I'm saving the good stuff for the holidays.

Reactions: Andrew and Ikerot

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Build a strip-planked canoe, redesign my handline fishing reels to cut the costs and time to produce by half, and design a fishing rod made from wood that will work with my reels. Also I need to design a catfishing jug of wood as well.

From there I'll have a complete fishing system. A custom strip planked canoe can easily sell for $4k to $8k. But I envision a complete fishing system: boat, reels, rods, fishing jugs all made from wood and designed to last a lifetime.

Last edited:

RazzBarlow

TubeBuddy Pro
I was just looking at the VidCon lineup of "featured creators". While Anaheim is an easy drive for me, I don't think there's much for me to relate to. I've never been. Is there any value to VidCon?

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I was just looking at the VidCon lineup of "featured creators". While Anaheim is an easy drive for me, I don't think there's much for me to relate to. I've never been. Is there any value to VidCon?
Well apart from the opportunity to meet other creators, especially the more popular ones, you also get to make connections that could lead to collabs and which could lead to greater growth on your channel.

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
I don't find the value in looking at featured creators since they're not made for me. I have been attending VidCon since 2017 and I will say, I'm mainly there to hang out with friends. There is value in coming to VidCon as it is a great place to network and find other creators like yourself. And if you really want, there are a bunch of classes (they're not called that) on how to record, audio, and it ranges from beginner to advanced.

Reactions: Damon

Aaron

As a creator the value is only in the Panels and Networking... This years panels look pretty good :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
You can also meet the TB team and other companies in the space

Reactions: Aaron

Beanie Draws

I always found that weird, but understandable since you're on the other side of Earth lol. Does that mean if I celebrate summer here and then fly to a country on the other side, I can also spend summer there? :thinking:
Technically yeah, you should be able to :p to a degree anyway. Or avoid the extreme heat all together :p

Interestingly for me, vidsummit will be like... probably the same temperature. It’ll be your “fall” and my spring. Quite a nice temperature. Probably my favourite seasons