• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Expanding Community on YouTube

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Hmm. Interesting. I heard of this before, but never knew how to access it or anything. I honestly think all channels should have access to it, or maybe at least that have either 100 subscribers or 10K views, since those are already thresholds for other things.

Paul

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
texturemaster.com
Subscriber Goal

BrandoF2P

That's awesome! it's in beta, so some channels were chosen! Congrats!
Its actually very useful.
I love being able to Poll my subs for idea for content and giving updates on my next video/livestream.
Also the ability to promote your older videos which some might have missed out on or is lost in your library of content is great to have.

Reactions: Paul

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I've had it for about a month now. It's nice. It's much better than the old school e-mail lists. Everyone gets the message, and I don't have to make a whole video over somewhat. For instance I'm planning out my Teachable classes for 2018. I sent one poll via the community tab and had way more responses than I've ever had via my old e-mail list.

Reactions: Paul

Paul

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
texturemaster.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I've had it for about a month now. It's nice. It's much better than the old school e-mail lists. Everyone gets the message, and I don't have to make a whole video over somewhat. For instance I'm planning out my Teachable classes for 2018. I sent one poll via the community tab and had way more responses than I've ever had via my old e-mail list.
Good to know @Damon.
--- Post updated ---
Hello Everyone!

YouTube is expanding "Community" to creators with over 10,000 subscribers! Will you be eligible to the new community tab? Do you already have the tab? Let us know! What tools of ours would you like to see there?

Source:

https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2017/11/expanding-community-on-youtube.html
Thanks for the update and link @Andrew! :cool:
This little nugget was in the same link. What exactly is it?
  • New formats: We want to do even more to give you easy ways to express yourself and engage with fans, so today were also unveiling a new feature. Reels are YouTubes spin on the popular ΓÇ£storiesΓÇ¥ format, but designed specifically for YouTube creators. We learned that you want the flexibility to create multiple Reels and have them not expire, so well give you those options. Were also bringing creator-focused features like linking to YouTube videos and YouTube-y stickers. Just like we did with Community, well be experimenting with a beta version of Reels to learn and improve the product before expanding to more creators.

Reactions: Damon

xingcat

Experienced Poster
TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
As part of a pilot program, I've had the Community tab on my channel for a couple of months now, and I have to say it's....slightly unimpressive. It's nice to get some feedback from your viewers, but it's not really a place most viewers go, and it just seems like one more chore to add to the list of things you have to do whenever you're thinking about your channel. It may blow up and everybody will be using YouTube Community like they do Twitter or Facebook or whatever, but I'm guessing it's going to stick around for a couple of years and then be quietly removed, since people tend to think of videos on YouTube and not as a place to gather and chat.

Reactions: TubeBuddy and Paul

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I feel like YouTube didn't do a great job of telling the viewers that it was a thing. I never knew @xingcat had it, or I probably would be checking it every time I visit :/ There's no notifications for it either.

NAGOS

Inappropriate Advertising.
Hello everyone i am NAGOS a new youtuber
doing scary gaming videos
i have done a recent giveaways which is 100% non fake you check it out if you dont believe me
please check it out