• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Any Nintendo Switch Owners?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I was wondering if anyone here had a Nintendo Switch! If you do, how is it? Are you enjoying it? I know Mario Odyssey just came out! Do you own it? Let's talk switch!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hah, I recently got the Switch and I was planning on getting Breath of the Wild... unfortunately I've been having mishaps and now I got my money back but no game :c sad bois

Anyways, I do have a game on there so I can use the Switch for something. I have yet to use it on a TV (or just a bigger screen in general). One of the reasons why I wanted to get it was because of the (sigh) joycons. I love them. Not having a traditional controller where you have to put your hands together is amazing. Very ergonomic lol

The speakers are pretty good too, consider I bought a rhythm game where music is the key. The stand on the Switch feels flimsy and I don't want to be too rough with it or else it'll break.

Last edited:
Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hah, I recently got the Switch and I was planning on getting Breath of the Wild... unfortunately I've been having mishaps and now I got my money back but no game :c sad bois

Anyways, I do have a game on there so I can use the Switch for something. I have yet to use it on a TV (or just a bigger screen in general). One of the reasons why I wanted to get it was because of the (sigh) joycons. I love them. Not having a traditional controller where you have to put your hands together is amazing. Very ergonomic lol

The speakers are pretty good too, consider I bought a rhythm game where music is the key. The stand on the Switch feels flimsy and I don't want to be too rough with it or else it'll break.

I didn't know about this! Interesting insight! Sorry about BOTW, but hopefully you can get it soon! I want Mario Odyssey!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I am planning on buying one after Chistmas, @Andrew, are they any good?
I don't know I am in the same boat XD
Honestly, one of the current best thing--and the thing that the Switch advertised the most--is the portability. Even though their charging dock is stupidly and unnecessarily big, you can buy a much smaller box (from a 3rd party) that also works as a dock. It fits inside a case (also from a 3rd party because Nintendo can't make good Switch accessories lol), and you can take it anywhere and hook it up with any TV.

You can't take your PS4 or your XBOX One to your friends house. I mean, you can, but you'd just look ridiculous. :joy:

It is a party console, so the joycons are designed for 2 players on the go as well.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, one of the current best thing--and the thing that the Switch advertised the most--is the portability. Even though their charging dock is stupidly and unnecessarily big, you can buy a much smaller box (from a 3rd party) that also works as a dock. It fits inside a case (also from a 3rd party because Nintendo can't make good Switch accessories lol), and you can take it anywhere and hook it up with any TV.

You can't take your PS4 or your XBOX One to your friends house. I mean, you can, but you'd just look ridiculous. :joy:

It is a party console, so the joycons are designed for 2 players on the go as well.

That's a fantastic point :)

Spencer Nicholson

Known Member
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal

Fantastic Point!! Thank you :)

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Quick update since I now have Breath of the Wild + Kingdoms: New Lands finally got a patch to fix their broken game, I've been using the Switch a lot more. I don't attach it to the tv other than Breath of the Wild, but I like having it sitting on my table and I get to play while my videos are processing or if I'm uploading c:

Lady April

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
I own Super mario odyssey, BOTW, MK8 deluxe for my switch and all the games give you this new breath of air that nintendo has needed. SMO and BOTW brought needed fresh breaths to series that (to me) were going down the wrong path.

FutureSunsetStar

Subscriber Goal
I have one and also have XC2. So far it is fun but my gawd the dub is trash. Just use the Japanese track. I tend to like dubs but this one whoa!

Age of Boredom

Subscriber Goal
I've been loving my Switch. It got me from playing my Playstation 4 casually into being a hardcore gamer again (my girlfriend is very pleased about this...). I love it so much I restarted my channel to do Let's Plays of Switch games.

CrashCraze

Still waiting to get mine! Moneys tight and I'm also waiting for a good time to grab one! Hows the battery life? I feel like thats the only thing worrying me about it.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Still waiting to get mine! Moneys tight and I'm also waiting for a good time to grab one! Hows the battery life? I feel like thats the only thing worrying me about it.
If you run a game that's heavy like Breath of the Wild, you can probably get around 3 hours because it drains your battery life like mad. On the other hand, games that doesn't need a lot of power you can play for about 6 hours. It's always nice to bring along a battery if you're planning on playing away from your house for a long time or if you're playing games like Breath of the Wild or DOOM or Skyrim (etc).
--- Post updated ---
I have one and also have XC2. So far it is fun but my gawd the dub is trash. Just use the Japanese track. I tend to like dubs but this one whoa!
I was gonna give the dub the benefit of the doubt, but then I heard the dubbing and boy... wow... xD I thought some wannabe voice actor on youtube was doing it

Reactions: CrashCraze

Age of Boredom

Subscriber Goal

I got Doom to last for about 3 hours the other day while playing Deathmatch online. I was pretty happy with that to be honest. I take a USB battery pack for long journeys and just charge from that if I need it.

Reactions: CrashCraze

RGS Rblood

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I own one and My favorite games so far are BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey. But Them casual Games like Arms And Mario Kart are Great time wasters. Nintendo Really outdid themselves with the Switch.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I got Doom to last for about 3 hours the other day while playing Deathmatch online. I was pretty happy with that to be honest. I take a USB battery pack for long journeys and just charge from that if I need it.

That's awesome! IS doom running well on it? Been on the fence about it.

Age of Boredom

Subscriber Goal
That's awesome! IS doom running well on it? Been on the fence about it.
I'm happy with it. I haven't got an Xbox or PS4 copy to compare it too, but I'm still enjoying it. Shameless plug, there is a playlist on my channel purely of Doom on the Switch, so you can see for yourself.

Draconicrose

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I don't have one yet, but from what people have been saying it does seem like a worthwhile console to buy! When I do get it, I wanna get Zelda: Breath of the Wild on it, Skyrim and Stardew Valley. Hopefully there will be other releases that grab my interest in the meanwhile. It's kinda sad that two of the games I want on it (for portable play :p) are games I already own.

Reactions: RGS Rblood