• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Mac or PC game?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
wait what? I mean, the Mac is better than the PC in some aspects, but if we're talking about the quantity of games... I mean... >.>
I'm just gonna @Aaron XD

Reactions: Aaron

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Usually for (serious) gaming most people prefer PC and for gaming its propably the better platform regarding price and hardware (and upgrades) as well availability of games and so on.

But of course that also totally depends on which kind of games you are interested in most.

Also I would not really recommend switching platforms just for gaming - I know how much I crige whenever I have to fix some issue for friends ok their Macs and can't imagine it's any different in the other direction.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
DO NOT BUY A MAC FOR GAMING. The community is gonna just smash on you for it...

Macs really are designed for those in the creative industry and are not meant for gaming... buy/build a PC for gaming if that is your only intention to use it for.

Obi Shinobi

I generally use my macbook for editing and such, but I go PC for gaming. better selection and depending on your setup, easier to upgrade if your graphics aren't as nice as they use to be.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I generally use my macbook for editing and such, but I go PC for gaming. better selection and depending on your setup, easier to upgrade if your graphics aren't as nice as they use to be.

This is what a lot of my friends due to. I don't like the mac OS PERSONALLY, so I just keep it all to windows, but I understand why people separate it.

RGS Rblood

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello! Some says mac is better than pc. I just want to know what are your thoughts about this and what would you recommend the best game to play?
Thing about Mac is. Whilst it does run the games that fit it way better then PC games. A Mac often has lag issues. As with me being a Mac user. Mac works better on browser and Editing. Whereas it lacks with Steam and other game buying sites as Mac is hard to make a game for and the developement for its games are made on PC. Making Mac the worst choice for Gaming with steam and big games.

Reactions: Bitbat

Photoguy

Subscriber Goal
DO NOT BUY A MAC FOR GAMING. The community is gonna just smash on you for it...

Macs really are designed for those in the creative industry and are not meant for gaming... buy/build a PC for gaming if that is your only intention to use it for.
Haha I love those caps in that sentence. It says it all...:joy: On topic, Mac is not good for gaming at all...

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello! Some says mac is better than pc. I just want to know what are your thoughts about this and what would you recommend the best game to play?
The mac is better than pc in some ways, like sudo-morphism, ease of use and support. However with programming and open source software, and the power to run on almost any device i like Linux better.
D2A690FD-1F81-42DE-B99A-3F00F2E6CA5A.png

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thing about Mac is. Whilst it does run the games that fit it way better then PC games. A Mac often has lag issues. As with me being a Mac user. Mac works better on browser and Editing. Whereas it lacks with Steam and other game buying sites as Mac is hard to make a game for and the developement for its games are made on PC. Making Mac the worst choice for Gaming with steam and big games.

Yeah that's true. But what about linux gaming? Very difficult to do, but worthwhile experience.
F to the people on FreeBSD and Plan 9 who don't have support for anything except web browsing games

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I would use PC personally, as i like advanced features. It has a more pleasing layout to me, and i prefer specs over mac's professionalism. Mac doesn't make gaming computers, unfortunately. My family is more like an apple family, and i seem to be the black sheep. :oops:

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would use PC personally, as i like advanced features. It has a more pleasing layout to me, and i prefer specs over mac's professionalism. Mac doesn't make gaming computers, unfortunately. My family is more like an apple family, and i seem to be the black sheep. :oops:
Don't worry @TanookiAlex it seems like i am a black sheep because i like linux

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
on top of that you can only develop objective c applications with a mac