• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

A good camera for vlogging

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
So I was wondering what's a good vlogging camera? In all my previous vlogs outside, I've used my phone, but I found it to be a bit bothersome in terms of needing my battery life to take me home and people calling me.

I did a bit of digging through the internet for cameras but I wanted to know if anybody got recommendations.

A camera that fits in my pocket is a plus

Life Effects

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
I can recommend the canon powershot g7x.
Small, simple and has a monitor you can flip. So you can see yourself while holding the camera.

But for good audio quality a separate mic is a must

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So I was wondering what's a good vlogging camera? In all my previous vlogs outside, I've used my phone, but I found it to be a bit bothersome in terms of needing my battery life to take me home and people calling me.

I did a bit of digging through the internet for cameras but I wanted to know if anybody got recommendations.

A camera that fits in my pocket is a plus

Well first, what is your budget that's the most important thing to know.

I think if you are going to go for the Canon go for the G7X Mark 2 It fixes a lot of the issues with the first model:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1223211-REG/canon_1066c001_powershot_g7_x_mark.html

If you want something that shoots 4k there are options from Sony:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1159879-REG/sony_dsc_rx100_mark_4_digital.html

Both decent for vlogging.

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Okay hold up xD
You're right, I should've said my budget. As much as I can buy those cameras, I'll have to settle for cheaper cameras.

Preferably under $500