• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

New Destiny is out

kingshaka03

Destiny 2 is out ladies and gentleman and overall it feels like the same grindy game as before. The story is definitely a major improvement from when Destiny 1 first came out. I didn't feel as rewarded in the first destiny as I do in this one. Graphics it is a slight improvement than the first one. I think in this one they are really taking advantage of this generation graphic capabilities unlike the first one which felt very dark and uninspiring where it was suppose to be colorful and vibrant even though this was kind of the "golden age" period in terms of the story. Right now the grind is real and I do feel like the story is more fast paced than in the first one and you actually know the purpose of the story. Once they start releasing more challenges and raids there this game will start shining. What are your thoughts on the new destiny 2?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I had the opportunity to try out Destiny, but I couldn't play it for more than 5 mins because of the POV lol. Especially on a bigger screen, it hurts my eyes. On the other hand, I know my friend played a lot of Destiny but ended up not liking it anymore. I won't be buying it since I don't have membership for multiplayer anyways (PS4) :F

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal

I don't know how you know I play Destiny 2 but....

Destiny 1:

Literally non-existent story within the game. You had to go online to learn anything of lore.

The most toxic and infuriating PvP system of it's time (this coming from me who went 9-0 in trials over 15 times)

Unnecessary and sometimes even infuriating amounts of grinding due to horrible RNG (played since week one and never reached max light, hard/challenge mode completion of last raids, or completed a shader, emblem, armor, or exotic collection.)

Destiny 2:
Half-Decent story, if you didn't research the lore in 1, you won't hear it in Destiny 2.

An evolution upon the most toxic and infuriating PvP system I'd ever seen... I think it now may be worse. If you don't own "The best weapons in the game" You can't compete... even with shotguns and snipers now moved to power items (which I don't agree with snipers being moved) its simply made the game even harder you almost need impeccable aim and either a fast accurate auto or a mida multi-tool to succeed in the game with its current state.

Grind to actually hit level 20 for me was the worst part... did not enjoy the story as it felt grindy and repetitive on every planet... only two really good missions in the story. After hitting 20 raising your power level is not hard in the slightest... until you hit 265... then the grind is pretty insane so at that point I just kinda step back and start other characters.

Changes to the shader system angered me so much I'm actually refusing to put any money into Destiny beyond the base game.. No DLC, no micro transactions. Activision basically screwed us as day one consumers at the end of the game taking over $150 from us minimum if we played all the way through while new players could get the whole thing for $60.... THAT LARGELY DISTURBED ME. Worst part is they will do it again with Destiny 2 and I'm not playing along this time. I'll wait till its dirt cheap at the end and then enjoy DLCs if I decide to.

Overall if things like the above trigger you, avoid the game. Warframe is a far better multiplayer experience, and Overwatch is a far better shooter.

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
kingshaka03

kingshaka03

Nah, ill just stick with Warframe lol
Yeah if you didn't like the first destiny then you definitely won't like this one.
--- Post updated ---
I had the opportunity to try out Destiny, but I couldn't play it for more than 5 mins because of the POV lol. Especially on a bigger screen, it hurts my eyes. On the other hand, I know my friend played a lot of Destiny but ended up not liking it anymore. I won't be buying it since I don't have membership for multiplayer anyways (PS4) :F
Yeah this is essentially an expansion of the first destiny so not to many changes that would being back players they lost this was mainly targeted at the hardcore destiny fans.
--- Post updated ---
I don't know how you know I play Destiny 2 but....

Destiny 1:

Literally non-existent story within the game. You had to go online to learn anything of lore.

The most toxic and infuriating PvP system of it's time (this coming from me who went 9-0 in trials over 15 times)

Unnecessary and sometimes even infuriating amounts of grinding due to horrible RNG (played since week one and never reached max light, hard/challenge mode completion of last raids, or completed a shader, emblem, armor, or exotic collection.)

Destiny 2:
Half-Decent story, if you didn't research the lore in 1, you won't hear it in Destiny 2.

An evolution upon the most toxic and infuriating PvP system I'd ever seen... I think it now may be worse. If you don't own "The best weapons in the game" You can't compete... even with shotguns and snipers now moved to power items (which I don't agree with snipers being moved) its simply made the game even harder you almost need impeccable aim and either a fast accurate auto or a mida multi-tool to succeed in the game with its current state.

Grind to actually hit level 20 for me was the worst part... did not enjoy the story as it felt grindy and repetitive on every planet... only two really good missions in the story. After hitting 20 raising your power level is not hard in the slightest... until you hit 265... then the grind is pretty insane so at that point I just kinda step back and start other characters.

Changes to the shader system angered me so much I'm actually refusing to put any money into Destiny beyond the base game.. No DLC, no micro transactions. Activision basically screwed us as day one consumers at the end of the game taking over $150 from us minimum if we played all the way through while new players could get the whole thing for $60.... THAT LARGELY DISTURBED ME. Worst part is they will do it again with Destiny 2 and I'm not playing along this time. I'll wait till its dirt cheap at the end and then enjoy DLCs if I decide to.

Overall if things like the above trigger you, avoid the game. Warframe is a far better multiplayer experience, and Overwatch is a far better shooter.
Overwatch being a better shooter is debatable maybe when overwatch first came out but I don't feel that way now and overall just get frustrated with the game and isn't as fun as it used to be. The story was better than the 1st game and the change to the shader system was pointless and not needed. The story overall was a C- lack of character development and a lot of missed opportunity. Warframe is fun but I haven't played it in awhile but had fun when I did play it cause of the diversity in its play style.