• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Affiliate Question Suggestion: Use someone (anyone) other than PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonchYT

Hey guys, first off I want to say I love TubeBuddy. Super useful features, 5/5 would recommend to a friend.

I have one suggestion though: drop PayPal and use *literally* any other payment processor.

Time and time again, PayPal puts holds on accounts, closes accounts without asking, etc which always ends up with the account holder left high and dry. Here are just a few discussions on Reddit about how bad of an idea it is to use PayPal:

https://www.reddit.com/r/paypal/comments/6lhxme/what_happens_when_you_pay_paypal_15k_in_fees/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6k9z5f/psa_paypal_just_did_a_mass_chargeback_on_psn/

https://www.reddit.com/r/startups/comments/5pdwww/advice_do_not_use_paypal_as_a_form_of_payment_if/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/510bna/new_paypal_tos_say_dont_talk_bad_about_paypal_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene...ypal_just_froze_over_70000_in_my_account_say/

Huge note here: these stories come from every different industry and level of user, from huge businesses down to private consumers. Entrepreneurs, cryptocurrency miners, and freaking video gamers have all been hit by PayPal closing their accounts, putting holds, draining it, etc.

If you want proof, look at the literally hundreds of comments in each of those thread relating their stories of accounts get frozen, locked, banned, or drained with no recourse or communication. Or, search for the countless other threads where people experience the exact same things. Just look at the /r/entrepreneur and /r/startup subreddits and you will see many stories of companies literally going out of business because they were using PayPal as their primary financial channel.

In addition to running my YouTube channel on computer benchmarks and builds, I also run a real-life business in the audio industry. We will never work with PayPal. It is simply too dangerous.

My suggestion? Use a different payment processor. Not just for the benefit of us (your affiliates), but for your own sake.

All that aside, I really do like your work and that's why I'm happy to recommend TubeBuddy to other people. Keep it up, guys.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys, first off I want to say I love TubeBuddy. Super useful features, 5/5 would recommend to a friend.

I have one suggestion though: drop PayPal and use *literally* any other payment processor.

Time and time again, PayPal puts holds on accounts, closes accounts without asking, etc which always ends up with the account holder left high and dry. Here are just a few discussions on Reddit about how bad of an idea it is to use PayPal:

https://www.reddit.com/r/paypal/comments/6lhxme/what_happens_when_you_pay_paypal_15k_in_fees/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6k9z5f/psa_paypal_just_did_a_mass_chargeback_on_psn/

https://www.reddit.com/r/startups/comments/5pdwww/advice_do_not_use_paypal_as_a_form_of_payment_if/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/510bna/new_paypal_tos_say_dont_talk_bad_about_paypal_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene...ypal_just_froze_over_70000_in_my_account_say/

Huge note here: these stories come from every different industry and level of user, from huge businesses down to private consumers. Entrepreneurs, cryptocurrency miners, and freaking video gamers have all been hit by PayPal closing their accounts, putting holds, draining it, etc.

If you want proof, look at the literally hundreds of comments in each of those thread relating their stories of accounts get frozen, locked, banned, or drained with no recourse or communication. Or, search for the countless other threads where people experience the exact same things. Just look at the /r/entrepreneur and /r/startup subreddits and you will see many stories of companies literally going out of business because they were using PayPal as their primary financial channel.

In addition to running my YouTube channel on computer benchmarks and builds, I also run a real-life business in the audio industry. We will never work with PayPal. It is simply too dangerous.

My suggestion? Use a different payment processor. Not just for the benefit of us (your affiliates), but for your own sake.

All that aside, I really do like your work and that's why I'm happy to recommend TubeBuddy to other people. Keep it up, guys.

Hmm, I'll tag @Phil I don't think getting rid of paypal is the solution, but perhaps offering other payout methods.

Though I think you have fair points, and thank you for sharing!

Reactions: curhat sang pelaut

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have heard of Paypal problems but have never had one. I used Paypal for many years. I used to run all my E-Bay auctions through them. I still use them to manage my US bills, from the Philippines. I use them to pay for all kinds of online shopping. No need to get rid of them. They offer a great service.

Reactions: Wendy and TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have heard of Paypal problems but have never had one. I used Paypal for many years. I used to run all my E-Bay auctions through them. I still use them to manage my US bills, from the Philippines. I use them to pay for all kinds of online shopping. No need to get rid of them. They offer a great service.

Agreed, but like I said adding another option might be a good idea, but am not sure how easy it would be. Again waiting on @Phil :)

Draconicrose

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
As long as you pay attention to PayPal's terms of service you're unlikely to have a problem and when you do, PayPal support will definitely help you deal with that. I do think it'd be nice to provide other payment options, just in case people don't use PayPal.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Wendy

morningbusinesschat.com
Subscriber Goal
I think people are familiar with PayPal. I personally would choose it to pay for something online over any other option. I use PayPal to receive most of my Payments (for around 9 years) and have never had any issues. Great to offer options but keep PayPal.

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think pay pal suffers a bit from being the biggest player, no business runs 100% perfectly and I wouldn't trust thousands of dollars to sit savely in my PayPal account - but hey I also had issues with normal banks that payments got delayed and such due to software problems - people usually blow those things out of proportion. For example Amazon had massiv payment problems in Europe the last couple of weeks - sure thats unfortunate but it's the kind of thing every business has to consider and be prepared and most of the time it's really difficulties and not mal intend - companies like Amazon and PayPal do suffer much more for the lost trust than they may gain by having that extra money on their accounts.

xingcat

Experienced Poster
TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
I, personally, have never had any issues with PayPal, but I think a few other options may be helpful to those who don't, or can't use it.

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
We have personally never had a major problem with PayPal and been using them as a business for 10+ years. They are a great, simple way to send money to affiliates because most people have a PayPal account already. I understand that some people have had problems with PayPal but I'm sure that goes for nearly every payment processing company on the planet. I know that PayPal restricts certain countries so for that reason specifically we have looked into other options but haven't found a simple solution. So - back to @PonchYT 's original request - I would ask for 1 alternative that you would like (that is widely used and available in all countries) and I'll see what I can do to get it added. It might not sound like it but I actually don't like PayPal as a business, they just happen to be easy to work with and convenient for everyone. Thanks, Phil

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
An alternative to Paypal could be Bitcoin. I know there might be some more administration, with the BTC payments, from your side Phil, but personally I don't mind paying a fee your trouble. It can be 5%-15%, as long as I can avoid using Paypal.
Once Paypal locked my account for 6 months, holding over 5,000 USD. I wouldn't dare to use them again.
What about Western Union (the buyer pay the fees).

But I beg you, please add another payment option other than Paypal, so we can choose.

Besides that, maybe you could make a feature, so we could use our earnings to buy Tubebuddy Upgrades for our community on Youtube. I could make a contest and the prize could be 3x1 Tubebuddy Upgrades.

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
We do have a CoinBase account and used to accept BitCoin as a payment for TubeBuddy (but in 2 years not a single person used it so we don't even display it anymore). But maybe we can send payments from CoinBase as well.

As far as upgrades for your community - I can create those for free and give them out to you. Maybe something like 3 Star level licenses for 6 months? Basically I create Redemption Codes that people can redeem for their upgrade. You run the contest and give the winners their codes. Happy to help w/ contests and you don't need to pay for the licenses.

Reactions: Dimi

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We do have a CoinBase account and used to accept BitCoin as a payment for TubeBuddy (but in 2 years not a single person used it so we don't even display it anymore). But maybe we can send payments from CoinBase as well.

That would be great!

As far as upgrades for your community - I can create those for free and give them out to you. Maybe something like 3 Star level licenses for 6 months? Basically I create Redemption Codes that people can redeem for their upgrade. You run the contest and give the winners their codes. Happy to help w/ contests and you don't need to pay for the licenses.

Thanks for the offer, but the first couple of times I'm going to pay for the upgrades/redemption codes, until I get enough followers on Youtube, so I can "guarentee" at least a minimum number of sign-ups on Tubebuddy.
I'll PM you, when the time comes :)

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I forgot about Payoneer, they're great too!

AlwaysBeGaming

Subscriber Goal
Hmm, I'll tag @Phil I don't think getting rid of paypal is the solution, but perhaps offering other payout methods.

Though I think you have fair points, and thank you for sharing!
I think thats a really good idea to add at least one other payout method it could be as simple as just a credit card or whatever but yeah i hope this can come true, Gods Speed

Reactions: TubeBuddy and Dimi
Status
Not open for further replies.