• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What was your first Online Game?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
What was your first?

For me it was RuneScape, and I played it until 2015 actually. I loved the game, but I was wasting my life on it, and then update after update happened and my love turned to habit, and then I decided I could do more than that, so I moved on, but it will always hold a place in my heart!

What was your first online game?

Reactions: HorizonMe

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Mine was Adventure Quest. First MMO though was also RuneScape.

I still kinda play Adventure Quest. Mostly just go on and do the daily reward things. Every so often, when I feel like it, I'll fight some monsters and level up, or build a new house (they have a house system). Houses cost premium currency (have to pay real money for it) but you can also earn this currency doing other things. One of which is house investing. You buy a house, then every week the premium currency value increases, infinitely, but very slowly.

RuneScape, I think I played until around 2012 or so... I got bored, couldn't afford membership every month, Java broke my new laptop at the time and I got tired of all the drastic updates to the game. I basically only ever chopped yew trees outside the grand exchange every time I went on :/

Reactions: TubeBuddy

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Oh well the game that gave us a internet flatrate was Half Life - actually 3DFX had a stand with its new Voodoo grafic cards at the cebit back then (98 I think) and they had 4 computers running half life in lan so I had to get that game and then we found this mod counter strike back when nobody knew about it yea that's where everything went wrong with my life... ;)

Of course we had played at lan parties before from time to time maybe even some internet but half life certainly was when it went online a whole lot.

If you think about MMO - WoW like almost everyone else

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal

Maplestory.

actually, that's a lie, that played a major part in my childhood, but it wasn't the first. Honestly, I can't tell whether it was Monster & Me or Survival Project. I think Survival Project wasn't the first online game. No wait... I got it. Warcraft 3 lol.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Maplestory.

actually, that's a lie, that played a major part in my childhood, but it wasn't the first. Honestly, I can't tell whether it was Monster & Me or Survival Project. I think Survival Project wasn't the first online game. No wait... I got it. Warcraft 3 lol.

Maplestory I never got into it, but have heard a lot what is it about?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Maplestory I never got into it, but have heard a lot what is it about?
it is (or was?) one of the biggest MMORPG that came from Korea. It's a 2D game with really nice art and it works like any other MMORPG would. You got classes you can choose and then you level up and do some raids. It was really fun lol.

But honestly, for me. I'm a bit of an oldie so I liked the game before the Big Bang update. That was also when it took forever to grind (it could take you 30 mins to 1 hr of grinding to get to level 10 and leave the beginner island lol), so it was really funny because people who hit around level 120 - 150 were celebrities xD Anyways, MS plays a big part of my childhood because I was in the early scenes of private servers. Those were great :F

Cabbitude

TubeBuddy Pro
www.CabbitudeGaming.com
Subscriber Goal
What was your first?

For me it was RuneScape, and I played it until 2015 actually. I loved the game, but I was wasting my life on it, and then update after update happened and my love turned to habit, and then I decided I could do more than that, so I moved on, but it will always hold a place in my heart!

This is probably going to date me so bad :p

In the realm of 'games found online' there was a 'gnome bowling' game that was around in the late 90s that my Tech Ed teacher would let me and the other wee-nerds play after school was out if we had to hang out after school for whatever reason.

But as for MMORPG style online games - Everquest: Ruins of Kunark expansion...

And thus began a four year long love affair with EQ. Which was promptly followed by a 6 year long love affair with WoW. I've played a ton of MMORPG style online games though, omgosh far too many, but nothing for as long a time as those.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This is probably going to date me so bad :p

In the realm of 'games found online' there was a 'gnome bowling' game that was around in the late 90s that my Tech Ed teacher would let me and the other wee-nerds play after school was out if we had to hang out after school for whatever reason.

But as for MMORPG style online games - Everquest: Ruins of Kunark expansion...

And thus began a four year long love affair with EQ. Which was promptly followed by a 6 year long love affair with WoW. I've played a ton of MMORPG style online games though, omgosh far too many, but nothing for as long a time as those.

I understand the feeling XD

Reactions: Cabbitude

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
My first game was World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and I still play WoW on and off today... Very addicting game hahahaha!

MissRoxanne123

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I don't remember which one was first, but for me it was RunScape or Habbo Hotel.
I think I played Habbo Hotel for 6 years. I loved playing it, and spend a lot of money on it haha. I don't remember RunScape a lot, and my account doesn't excist anymore sadly.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Ultima Online, 1997. My ex and her new husband were temporarily living with me and the kids... They were playing UO and I was amazed that there were real people all playing online together. Had to go out and buy it immediately. Most magical thing I ever saw (prior to that it was a talking pinball machine in 1981 ha ha)

Desert_Rat_65

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'd say yes!
I don't remember which one would have been first, but I remember playing a lot of "Legend of the Red Dragon" and "Trade Wars" back in those days (along with many others). I used to run a BBS back in the late 80's early 90's.

HorizonMe

What was your first?

Im playing ragnarok online
Thats so amazing and really nice game online i was played
Economics and anything in the game is really .......

BrandoF2P

My very first online game was Resistance: Fall of Man for the PS3. I still feel it was one of the best shooters ever, to bad CoD took over as the popular shooter game style.