• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Do you have a 4K ready Device?

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
What phone do you have? :)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
I kinda really want the S8 Edge now though because ever since the newest update, my phone is giving me problems especially regarding the camera. I constantly get errors like "warning: camera failed" "Camera failed to start" "Warning: Server error" and junk like that. Makes the camera unreliable.

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think it would be better to restrict the question about 4k Playback - my wife's Sony Xperia Z2 could already record 4k and that came out 3 and almost a half year ago. :) (could use a poll as well)

There are still updates for the S6? on my last Samsung phone it was one update and then you were on your own. :D

Reactions: DragoNate
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it would be better to restrict the question about 4k Playback - my wife's Sony Xperia Z2 could already record 4k and that came out 3 and almost a half year ago. :) (could use a poll as well)

There are still updates for the S6? on my last Samsung phone it was one update and then you were on your own. :D

I'm interesting in learning about if they can record and watch, which is why I have it the way I do :)

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
We got 3 phones which could record 4K and one of those can even play back 4k... :)

Reactions: TubeBuddy

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal

It's not the phone itself that has updates, but rather the Android operating system, so yes, it still gets updates. But, with newer updates being tailored to new phones, sometimes it breaks things... like my dang camera -.-

Chase Charaba

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
My iPhone and GoPro record in 4K, but my camera doesn't. None of my monitors support 4K resolution, but we do have a huge new flat screen TV in the living room that supports 4K. I'm not too worried about it because I know that as I upgrade equipment I'll be purchasing things that are 4K or 8K compatible.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Be warned the following image is pretty bad... and before people ask the background blur is completely fake and digital to get rid of my insane desk clutter hahahaha

I'm 4k ready though in every aspect... Got a nice 4k monitor, computer supports higher than 4k editing and multiple 4k monitors and I've got 2 cameras (Phone/DSLR) that support 4k.

w5BtEel.jpg

Last edited:

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Be warned the following image is pretty bad... and before people ask the background blur is completely fake and digital to get rid of my insane desk clutter hahahaha

I'm 4k ready though in every aspect... Got a nice 4k monitor, computer supports higher than 4k editing and multiple 4k monitors and 2 cameras (Phone/DSLR) that support 4k.

w5BtEel.jpg
I really wish I had your setup and equipment :p

Reactions: Aaron

Guitar Hack

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
There is a lot who do ;). Trust me when I say setups like mine have their downsides.. cost being one of them, file size being another and lets not forget lack of portability (took me about 15 minutes to just set it up and all it is is a Tripod, DSLR and an Audio Recorder) :p
Nice rig !!
1 x 4k Camera. But nothing worthy to watch it on. Computer would probably croak just loading it on.
Side note
Yes the major downside to expensive gear is not taking it with you. Lost, stolen, damaged....
I have access to a Canon 70d but it's to bulky and easily bumped. (When travelling on public transport)
Not to mention carting it around your neck or over your shoulder. I generally stick to to a JVC palmcorder or phone.

Reactions: kunicross

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Nice rig !!
1 x 4k Camera. But nothing worthy to watch it on. Computer would probably croak just loading it on.
Side note
Yes the major downside to expensive gear is not taking it with you. Lost, stolen, damaged....
I have access to a Canon 70d but it's to bulky and easily bumped. (When travelling on public transport)
Not to mention carting it around your neck or over your shoulder. I generally stick to to a JVC palmcorder or phone.

I've put my old 70D through quite a load of crap xD. Carried it up a mountain, I've taken it on public transit at least 50 times, I'll wear it pretty recklessly on my neck/shoulder depending what I am using as a lens (I don't like to bang up my Sigma lenses.. although I have done some risky stuff with them too).

My 5D though I don't ever think will see the light of day unless I am shooting with it, otherwise I keep it in a padded, locked bag.

Gear insurance is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! If you make a living off of your equipment like I do and do not have it insured it can be a really costly mistake.

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
There is a lot who do ;). Trust me when I say setups like mine have their downsides.. cost being one of them, file size being another and lets not forget lack of portability (took me about 15 minutes to just set it up and all it is is a Tripod, DSLR and an Audio Recorder) :p
Oh, I could care less about portability, lol! The only thing I'd want portable would be the camera. Everything else sits in one place anyway!
File size is meh if you gots lots of hard drive space.
And cost is null if it's given for free ;)

lol

Guitar Hack

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've put my old 70D through quite a load of crap xD. Carried it up a mountain, I've taken it on public transit at least 50 times, I'll wear it pretty recklessly on my neck/shoulder depending what I am using as a lens (I don't like to bang up my Sigma lenses.. although I have done some risky stuff with them too).

My 5D though I don't ever think will see the light of day unless I am shooting with it, otherwise I keep it in a padded, locked bag.

Gear insurance is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! If you make a living off of your equipment like I do and do not have it insured it can be a really costly mistake.
It makes sense that you have good gear. Being part of your livelihood.
Thanks for reminding me about insurance. My Home Contents Insurance covers about $5k out of home expenses. Items in car, clothing, personal effects like phone and cameras. I feel better now. :grinning: