• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What is a good travel size laptop that has power?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone!

I travel a lot and am looking for a decent laptop for travel! Would love any and all recommendations! I will update this thread, when I get great recommendations!

FoxyHippo

I have a Lenovo Yoga for travel. It has served me pretty well and I beat on my laptops quite a bit between lite gaming, heavy software dev, writing,... all while travelling between customers, offices, home etc... Haven't used it for video editing (I built a desktop for that).

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a Lenovo Yoga for travel. It has served me pretty well and I beat on my laptops quite a bit between lite gaming, heavy software dev, writing,... all while travelling between customers, offices, home etc... Haven't used it for video editing (I built a desktop for that).

Well I would like the option for both, because I do video on the go would be great! Could you link that laptop? :)

FoxyHippo

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/?menu-id=laptops

Mine is two years old so there's a new model out; the Yoga 900 under the "Ultra Portable" column on this site.
At my company everyone uses Lenovo laptops. The Devs generally have Thinkpads from the left column. The bus ops people all like the Yogas from the right column. We don't do a lot of multimedia stuff but if we did we'd probably have somebody using an IdeaPad from the middle column; "Home Laptops".

Getting enough memory storage and processing power to do serious editing will generally up the weight/size of the laptop and the price significantly. The most travel-worthy laptop isn't likely to be good at video processing.
I got the Yoga because, at the time, I needed something that could fold up and let me work on a air plane but at the same time have a big enough screen that I didn't get annoyed with it. Again, I at the time wasn't into YouTubing much...

Ultimately it comes down to your preferences and how much you're willing to spend. How the above gives you an idea of the "lay of the land". I know it's all in the context of Lenovo but HP, Acer, Mac,... likely have similar competing product lines with different names and slight differences.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/?menu-id=laptops

Mine is two years old so there's a new model out; the Yoga 900 under the "Ultra Portable" column on this site.
At my company everyone uses Lenovo laptops. The Devs generally have Thinkpads from the left column. The bus ops people all like the Yogas from the right column. We don't do a lot of multimedia stuff but if we did we'd probably have somebody using an IdeaPad from the middle column; "Home Laptops".

Getting enough memory storage and processing power to do serious editing will generally up the weight/size of the laptop and the price significantly. The most travel-worthy laptop isn't likely to be good at video processing.
I got the Yoga because, at the time, I needed something that could fold up and let me work on a air plane but at the same time have a big enough screen that I didn't get annoyed with it. Again, I at the time wasn't into YouTubing much...

Ultimately it comes down to your preferences and how much you're willing to spend. How the above gives you an idea of the "lay of the land". I know it's all in the context of Lenovo but HP, Acer, Mac,... likely have similar competing product lines with different names and slight differences.

What I need is enough to handle Premiere Pro, and that's about it XD There has to be something out there. I need between 11.6 - 13.3 for carry on size of planes. At least in my back pack anyway XD

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm told the Razer Blade is as good as it gets if you want compact travel power. I'm also told it overheats like crazy. I'd buy an Alienware or a Macbook Pro.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm told the Razer Blade is as good as it gets if you want compact travel power. I'm also told it overheats like crazy. I'd buy an Alienware or a Macbook Pro.

The Razer blade I heard of recently, but I don't know. I don't want a macbook mostly because apple XD

Reactions: Aaron