• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

some help regarding editing software!

Spinman

Recognized Member
spin-man.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello guys, i have been using AVS editing software and i noticed the issue that i am having is when i want to multi trim or even trim a video, is laggy, also when i go to trim a smaller window pop up comes up to trim it in there, which sometimes makes it impossible to see exactly whee it needs to be trimmed.
my question is, what editing software do you use?
i know most of you gonna say,google it yourself, i am not an editing expert i just started 3 months ago YouTube and all this is still new to me,plus i have been googling and i still haven't got an answer by myself.
Thanks in advance,

PS: also i noticed with the flag icons today in tubebuddy i get the text only and not the icon!
i thought to throw that in here also.;)

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use Magix from time to time but for a beginner I would say it's too complex.

Today I use mostly the power director android app (cyberlink) for editing: much less possibilities but very easy and fast to use, cheap and the whole process is more streamline. (edit on the go and uploading with the cell without having the PC running all night)

For Magix what worked very well was inserting and aligning a sepetated audio track from another device (used a recorder when I filmed with my go pro a lot) but a picture in picture is about 15x faster done in power director (mobile)

Real downside on the mobile is the small screen and it can be very difficult to cut exactly to a certain frame (usually needs a couple of tries to hit the spot)

Reactions: Lauren and Spinman

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
thank you for the reply man,
If you have a half way decent Android device you can try out the power director app for free it has almost all features from the full version just no full hd and a watermark on the final video.
Kinemaster is also pretty decent on Android but they have a subscription based pay which I kind of dislike.

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
from my xperience with the app I would recommend checking out the cyberlink stuff for PC but I really have an extremely hard time recommending stuff I have no first hand expiriences with - in general I would not buy something you can't try out beforehand in some way editing software is usually quite expensive and not ever one is strong at the same functions. (subscription stuff, if it can be easily canceled has an advantage there... ;))

OP
OP
Spinman

Spinman

Recognized Member
spin-man.com
Subscriber Goal
i used to use cyberlink powerdirctor years ago, and to me its similar to AVS maybe i need to look more into it...not saying AVS doesnt do the job, job gets done but my issues is the timeframe cropping videos and cutting/trimming etc...

Reactions: kunicross

OptimizeHD

Known Member
I use Wondershare Filmora. It is a pretty decent price, easy to use, and definitely worth it, if you do videos like the ones I do on my channel.

Reactions: Spinman

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I tried AVS but now just use it to shrink my videos before uploading - I like their YouTube presets. It takes a 1 Gb mp4 and turns it into a 300k avi.

For editing the videos I have been very happy with Cybermedia's Power Director. I just wish they would not release to many upgrades. Seems like a new version comes out every time I turn around. I am using ver. 14 and it does pretty much all I need.

Reactions: Spinman