• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Vlog Channel The House Detective is on the case!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new here! I am Marianne, AKA The House Detective (my channel name and business name!) I am an architectural historian, which sounds super pretentious, but basically it means I research the history of houses and buildings. I've been running my own business doing this full time for 11 years now and I LOVE it! I started my channel in December last year and have just reached the monetisation threshold, which I didn't think would happen for years, so I am really chuffed, even though I know I'm not going to make a fortune of it!!! I mainly publish fortnightly "Detective Diaries" where I reveal what I have uncovered during my research over the last few weeks and share tidbits of interesting Australian history that I've found along the way, as well as any other research rabbit holes I've fallen down! I also share the occassional educational ep, where I deep dive into an aspect of how to research the history of your house, or some other aspect of my work. I also plan to visit historic houses and museums etc. As for me, when I am not editing or researching, I will have my head in a book ( I am a massive book nerd, especially enjoy classic literature- Jane Eyre is my favourite book). I also love camping, 4WDing and do a fair bit of remote and rural travel within Australia. I also sew, but it's mainly in theory lately and looks a hell of a lot like just hoarding fabric to the untrained eye. I'm glad to be here, as I am such a newbie to it all and have SOOOOO much to learn from you all!!!