• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Temporary Workaround For Thumbnail Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntempesta

Obviously being without a core piece of TubeBuddy for over two weeks is inexcusable and I hope they do something to credit us.

That said, I have found a slight workaround that has worked for me. If things aren't done in this order, it will likely result in the thumbnail window freezing up and needing to refresh the page.

1. Upload a thumbnail to YouTube itself. Under 2MB.
  2. Save.
  3. Open Create Thumbnail.
  4. Select the image from "image or existing thumbnail". Click next. DO NOT resize this image until later in list.
  5. Apply whatever text you want to at this point.
  6. Apply any images you want to at this point.
  7. Resize the background image LAST. If this is done before the text, I find the text box hangs up and I need to start from scratch.
It isn't perfect by any means. But it has allowed the Thumbnail Generator to be at least somewhat useful. Here's hoping they can fix this immediately.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Obviously being without a core piece of TubeBuddy for over two weeks is inexcusable and I hope they do something to credit us.

That said, I have found a slight workaround that has worked for me. If things aren't done in this order, it will likely result in the thumbnail window freezing up and needing to refresh the page.

2. Save.
  4. Select the image from "image or existing thumbnail". Click next. DO NOT resize this image until later in list.
  7. Resize the background image LAST. If this is done before the text, I find the text box hangs up and I need to start from scratch.
It isn't perfect by any means. But it has allowed the Thumbnail Generator to be at least somewhat useful. Here's hoping they can fix this immediately.

Good Morning TubeBuddies! We're happy to report that this issue has been resolved with our latest TubeBuddy extension deployment.

Ensure that your TubeBuddy version is updated to v2.1.1639

1719298374669.png

Thank you so much, everyone, for being patient with us while we were working on this.

If the issue persists or if you have encountered any new bugs, please contact us with the information at support@tubebuddy.com

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

2. Save.

Thank you so much for this workaround!!! We're still working on fixing it!

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

2. Save.

Good Morning TubeBuddies! We're happy to report that this issue has been resolved with our latest TubeBuddy extension deployment.

Ensure that your TubeBuddy version is updated to v2.1.1639

1719298374669.png

Thank you so much, everyone, for being patient with us while we were working on this.

If the issue persists or if you have encountered any new bugs, please contact us with the information at support@tubebuddy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.