• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Keyword Explorer Returning Low Ranking Results

msupsic

Today I went to post a new video to my YouTube channel and "Log Into TubeBuddy" appeared in the upper right corner of my account. After several prompts to allow TB to re-access my Google account, I finally was able to log in.

Now that I'm logged in it seems like the Keyword Explorer tool has changed? It's not returning good rankings for my searches. I used to get results that ranked as high as 100, now I'm getting 40s and 50s at best. What's going on here?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.33.47ΓÇ»PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.33.47 PM.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.34.28ΓÇ»PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.34.28 PM.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.34.53ΓÇ»PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 4.34.53 PM.png
    68 KB · Views: 28

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Today I went to post a new video to my YouTube channel and "Log Into TubeBuddy" appeared in the upper right corner of my account. After several prompts to allow TB to re-access my Google account, I finally was able to log in.

Now that I'm logged in it seems like the Keyword Explorer tool has changed? It's not returning good rankings for my searches. I used to get results that ranked as high as 100, now I'm getting 40s and 50s at best. What's going on here?

There wasn't any change in the way TubeBuddy's Keyword Explorer works… We have just made some changes to UI and the layout and deprecated the Old branding which was Red and White color. Other than that, the result that you're seeing for the keyword explorer are directly extracted from YouTube's API. The reason you're seeing a poor rating is that the keyword that you're targeting has little to no search results. Having being said, that, nothing to worry about… Everything's fine, you just need to niche down the search results and look up for the related or suggested tags and keep trying until you find the perfect keyword that gets decent rating in all.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

There wasn't any change in the way TubeBuddy's Keyword Explorer works… We have just made some changes to UI and the layout and deprecated the Old branding which was Red and White color. Other than that, the result that you're seeing for the keyword explorer are directly extracted from YouTube's API. The reason you're seeing a poor rating is that the keyword that you're targeting has little to no search results. Having being said, that, nothing to worry about… Everything's fine, you just need to niche down the search results and look up for the related or suggested tags and keep trying until you find the perfect keyword that gets decent rating in all.