• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback How do you decide on which Thumbnail template to use?

rosab

TubeBuddy Pro
My question here will be: How do you make them consistent? I read somewhere that you should keep colours, text the same. How do you decide on a template then?
I cannot seem to find anything that is consistent with my channel or to keep the thumbnails more or less the same. If I look at the tubebuddy thumbnails, they tend to follow a theme: Tubebuddy.png
Any advice will be appreciated.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I don't really aim for consistency... there is some value in it but nowhere near as much value as making that thumbnail stand alone as the single greatest thing that stands out against all the rest of the thumbnails it is shown against when people are looking for videos to watch. Consistency has far less value than this. Who cares if they look different?

Joey7755

Creating consistent thumbnails for your channel is crucial for branding and attracting viewers. To achieve consistency, start by defining your brand identity. Consider your channel's niche, target audience, and desired aesthetic. Once you have a clear vision, follow these steps:

1. Color Palette: Choose a set of colors that represent your brand and resonate with your audience. Stick to these colors across all thumbnails to create a cohesive look. Meitu can help you experiment with different color combinations to find what works best for your brand.

2. Typography: Select a font or fonts that reflect your channel's personality and are easy to read. Use the same font styles and sizes consistently across thumbnails for uniformity. Meitu offers various text customization options, allowing you to find the perfect typography for your thumbnails.

3. Template Design: Develop a thumbnail template that includes your chosen colors, fonts, and any recurring design elements. This template serves as a blueprint for creating new thumbnails, ensuring consistency while allowing room for creativity. Meitu's design features can assist you in creating and modifying templates according to your preferences.

4. Branding Elements: Incorporate your channel's logo or watermark into each thumbnail to strengthen brand recognition. Place it strategically within the template to avoid cluttering the thumbnail while still making it visible. Meitu enables you to overlay logos seamlessly onto thumbnails with precision.

5. Visual Style: Maintain a consistent visual style across thumbnails, whether through photography, illustrations, or graphics. This consistency helps viewers recognize your content at a glance and establishes a cohesive brand identity. Check Meitu vs Canva for filters and editing tools to achieve the desired visual style for your thumbnails.

6. Feedback and Iteration: Regularly review your thumbnails and gather feedback from your audience or peers. Make adjustments as needed to refine your thumbnail design and ensure it aligns with your brand identity. Meitu allows you to easily edit and iterate on thumbnails until you achieve the desired level of consistency and quality.

By following these steps and leveraging Meitu's features, you can create visually appealing and consistent thumbnails that enhance your channel's branding and attract viewers effectively.