• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear How to fix background noises?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
ΓÜáΓÜáΓÜá WARNING! ΓÜáΓÜáΓÜá

☝️ DO NOT CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK! ☝️

This is a scam and possibly an attempt to infect your computer with a virus or phishing for your information. Teamviewer is free for non-professional use. You do not need to CRACK the software.

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Filterwise, start with a noisegate and remove all that low end buzz and hum, (Under about -50 Db, but you will; have to have a play around....) think of it as "zeroing" before you start.

Reactions: The Boozebuddy

The Boozebuddy

TubeBuddy User
boozebuddyupdate.com
Subscriber Goal
Filterwise, start with a noisegate and remove all that low end buzz and hum, (Under about -50 Db, but you will; have to have a play around....) think of it as "zeroing" before you start.
Definitely this. I know several people who have hundreds/thousands invested in hardware - but the reality is that you can do most/all necessary processing automatically in most modern non-linear editing software with a quick setup. The most common setup I've done is to noise gate all audio outside of a user's vocal range, mild compression to trim out any peaks, and normalize everything to -3 dB (broadcast standard). I will also set up filters for sibilance and plosives when necessary. This can be saved as a session or template (depending on the software). All the end user needs to do is open the session or template and save it with an appropriate file name. Then, when the recording is started, everything is automatically processed without any additional equipment or steps involved.