• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice YouTube ads to promote videos?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, YouTube ads can be an effective way to promote your videos and reach a wider audience. Here are some tips to keep in mind when using YouTube ads to promote your videos:

1. Target your audience: YouTube ads offer various targeting options, such as demographics, interests, and keywords. Make sure to select the audience that is most likely to be interested in your content to maximize the impact of your ads.
  2. Use engaging visuals: YouTube ads allow for both video and display ads. Use high-quality visuals that are eye-catching and relevant to your video content to capture viewers' attention and encourage them to watch your videos.
  3. Keep your ad short and sweet: YouTube ads are often skippable, so it's important to grab viewers' attention quickly and convey your message efficiently. Keep your ad short and to the point, and use clear and concise language.
  4. Use a clear call-to-action: Make sure to include a clear call-to-action in your ad, such as "watch now" or "subscribe." This will encourage viewers to take action and engage with your channel.
  5. Monitor your performance: Use YouTube's analytics tools to monitor the performance of your ads and adjust your targeting or ad creative as needed. This will help you optimize your ad campaign and get the most out of your advertising budget.

Are you answers coming from ChatGPT or some unsourced article? This doesn't sound like a natural organic response.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
The answer to this question depends on your channel and what your goal is. If your goal is to make money from your videos via ad revenue, it is a statistical impossibility to make money by paying for ads to drive traffic to your videos that are only monetized through ads. However, if your channel is monetized in another way (you are producing a product for sale), then it may be beneficial to run ads. Say you build custom Kayaks and you want to promote your product. It would make sense to run ads to promote your channel which is about your kayaks.

Now, we live in a society that is also willing to pay for attention. I always laugh when Facebook offers me to pay money to boost my personal post on my personal Facebook profile. I can only assume that there are a lot of people so desperate for attention that takes them up on this offer, and that is why they keep offering it. It kind feels like a form of digital prostitution to me, but hey, a lot of guys are willing to pay for that kind of fake female attention, so there is a market for it. If a person is willing to pay for attention, I guess that would be another reason to run ads for your YT channel. It makes no sense to me, but whatever floats your boat.
People are curious beings - they seem to LOVE social proof ie if a post has been read/viewed/liked 1,000's of times, there must be something about it, so let me go have a look as well.

With that thinking in mind, putting some tiny amount up at the start of the video publication, quickly resulting in 5-10-15,000 views, and only see it skyrocket to 100,000 views in no time will undoubtedly result in a better overall performance vs organically letting the video grow to 50,000 views in the same time period? THAT is the big question here.

Per that social proof point, Instagram introduced the "hide likes" option on its posts. You as the creator can decide whether or not to hide the likes you're getting on any given post. If a certain post isn't performing as your average number of likes per post, you may want to opt to keep the likes hidden? Interestingly, I've ran number of tests myself with popular posts I've done in the past, by re-posting them, yet hiding the likes button. And what happened? The REACH and LIKES for each of those posts were 30-50% of what they were before! Lack of social proof stopped people from swiping/engaging and moved along, hereby not getting the IG algorithm excited about that post...which results in less reach, and even fewer engagements...

Per that point as well, why did YT recently decide to force subscriber numbers to be published on the channels for all to see? Some of us preferred not to share our subs numbers with the world, so we hid them for the longest time. Now YT made the call to reveal those stats.

Why? Will an audience more likely engage with the content of a 100k account vs 1k account if one starts off knowing the size of the account? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Reactions: MediaMan

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
People are curious beings - they seem to LOVE social proof ie if a post has been read/viewed/liked 1,000's of times, there must be something about it, so let me go have a look as well.

With that thinking in mind, putting some tiny amount up at the start of the video publication, quickly resulting in 5-10-15,000 views, and only see it skyrocket to 100,000 views in no time will undoubtedly result in a better overall performance vs organically letting the video grow to 50,000 views in the same time period? THAT is the big question here.

Per that social proof point, Instagram introduced the "hide likes" option on its posts. You as the creator can decide whether or not to hide the likes you're getting on any given post. If a certain post isn't performing as your average number of likes per post, you may want to opt to keep the likes hidden? Interestingly, I've ran number of tests myself with popular posts I've done in the past, by re-posting them, yet hiding the likes button. And what happened? The REACH and LIKES for each of those posts were 30-50% of what they were before! Lack of social proof stopped people from swiping/engaging and moved along, hereby not getting the IG algorithm excited about that post...which results in less reach, and even fewer engagements...

Per that point as well, why did YT recently decide to force subscriber numbers to be published on the channels for all to see? Some of us preferred not to share our subs numbers with the world, so we hid them for the longest time. Now YT made the call to reveal those stats.

Why? Will an audience more likely engage with the content of a 100k account vs 1k account if one starts off knowing the size of the account? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Interesting perspective and hard to dispute some of these points you make. I am all for using every reasonable advantage to increase performance but I think the threshold of which people want/need/desire of social proof varies from person to person. ON a personal level, I've tried a lot of things that had almost no social proof but being thick-headed, I like to find certain things myself.

I am not against using social proof to help things along but some tactics I see being used feels a bit "icky" to me.

In regards to subscriber counts, it certainly helps upon first impressions. But there are some channels, no matter their subscriber accounts, I avoid. I think there is some regret on activating subscriber counts but it is so ingrained into YT and social media culture, it can never be removed.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Are you answers coming from ChatGPT or some unsourced article? This doesn't sound like a natural organic response.

Yeah, I am starting to see a lot of auto-generated content these days. It is getting to where you can't trust anything is real anymore. Think about this possibility for the future. Advanced AI apps that analyze the hottest topics and trends on the internet and automatically create and spread content across all platforms based on those trends, but completely invented information. Take for example this possibility. Say there is a mass shooting event that is getting a lot of press and coverage and searches on the internet. The app starts duplicating this scenario and starts reporting mass shootings all around the world using advanced CGI real-looking graphics and advanced AI voice-generated reporters providing coverage. I am already seeing some of this going on. A computer algorithm that can create content based on what's trending has no limits. It has no morals. It does not care if it is true. It is only purpose is to generate content that will get as many views as possible. A very spooky future to say the least.

Check this out:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS1m_TIxEW0

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Dang, I am stunned by this video. In some ways, this could be a boon for "real creators". If I want to be entertained, I think this new tech is awesome.

I am sure they are working on this right now but the missing piece is having that "woman" actually move her mouth and "speak" the words. right now, we are seeing her smile and move in the camera. But if "she" starts "speaking" with her lips in perfect sync, we got something to worry about.

I am optimistic that someone will make that breakthrough in our lifetimes.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Dang, I am stunned by this video. In some ways, this could be a boon for "real creators". If I want to be entertained, I think this new tech is awesome.

I am sure they are working on this right now but the missing piece is having that "woman" actually move her mouth and "speak" the words. right now, we are seeing her smile and move in the camera. But if "she" starts "speaking", we got something to worry about.

Have you watched the new Top Gun movie? Most people do not know this, but Val Kilmer had throat cancer and has no voice. His voice in the new Top Gun movies was completely generated by the Sonantic company that made the above video.

• Wow

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Interesting perspective and hard to dispute some of these points you make. I am all for using every reasonable advantage to increase performance but I think the threshold of which people want/need/desire of social proof varies from person to person. ON a personal level, I've tried a lot of things that had almost no social proof but being thick-headed, I like to find certain things myself.

I am not against using social proof to help things along but some tactics I see being used feels a bit "icky" to me.

In regards to subscriber counts, it certainly helps upon first impressions. But there are some channels, no matter their subscriber accounts, I avoid. I think there is some regret on activating subscriber counts but it is so ingrained into YT and social media culture, it can never be removed.
Fair point - some channels will never grab my attention further to go into their videos, regardless of their 100K or 1M sub status.

I'm testing it out - and it'll be interesting to see how a $5-10 'initial boost' on views will do on a new video which will bring in $100-500 for that video over time... AND will it shorten the time frame in which those videos reach those higher levels with that initial 'social proof'?

Time will tell. I'll make sure to share it here!

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal

I am sure they are working on this right now but the missing piece is having that "woman" actually move her mouth and "speak" the words. right now, we are seeing her smile and move in the camera. But if "she" starts "speaking" with her lips in perfect sync, we got something to worry about.

FYI - go make a free account at https://www.colossyan.com/ and be blown away what it can do. YES, the "mouth moves and speaks words" and there's a delay BUT as you said, it's just a matter of time before it'll be perfectly in-line.

Now imagine writing a nice educational piece to fill 15-20 seconds of video and choosing an 'actor' with your preferred accent & age to present it into a shorts video.... you can literally build your own library of lingo terms explained, helping your clients' most FAQ's in NO TIME....

In our lifetime? I'm giving it 1-2 years before we're there based on the exponential growth we've seen in that niche.

Reactions: MediaMan

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
FYI - go make a free account at https://www.colossyan.com/ and be blown away what it can do. YES, the "mouth moves and speaks words" and there's a delay BUT as you said, it's just a matter of time before it'll be perfectly in-line.

Now imagine writing a nice educational piece to fill 15-20 seconds of video and choosing an 'actor' with your preferred accent & age to present it into a shorts video.... you can literally build your own library of lingo terms explained, helping your clients' most FAQ's in NO TIME....

In our lifetime? I'm giving it 1-2 years before we're there based on the exponential growth we've seen in that niche.

What I will say is that context matters. If Mr. Beast started using AI and AI characters to be "more efficient", his channel would start tanking and his reputation would be extremely hurt by it. People want to see Mr. Beast, not some cartoon or image of him. There are many channels that are personality-based, intentional or not.

But yes, if your objective is to deliver rote information, I absolutely agree. Lots of opportunities. Also, people who want to remain faceless or English is not their native language, it is a great boon to them. There are many contexts you are absolutely correct. There are many contexts that I think would be a liability.