• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What camera gear do you use?

Shawn Gossman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
www.hikingwithshawn.com
Subscriber Goal
Figured we needed a good thread where everyone can tell all on the camera gear they are using for their video and vlogging activities on YouTube.

I myself am a bit of a camera buff but more entry level as I am still getting the hang of features. I use the following:
  • GoPro Hero 5 Black with Rode VideoMicro mic attachment. I have most of the mounts and the Karma Grip is on its way in the mail now
  • Sony FDR AX-53 4K Handycam. I love this camera a lot, it is the best full video camera I've ever owned. I use a Rode shotgun-type VideoMic external mic on it as well.
  • Nikon D3100 SLR. I mainly use my basic 18-55 lens for still shots.
  • Just ordered a Nikon D7100 SLR as an upgrade to my old camera, it comes with a lot of cool features, too! I'm excited about.
  • My boring ole iPhone 6 camera for social sharing and instagram
  • And the Nikon KeyMission 360 camera that I have yet to figure out haha
Needless to say, I have the whole lot on camera gear :D I'll probably start focusing on better lenses for my SLRs next.

How about you all? I'd love to see what everyone else is using! :)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Canon SL1, Panasonic G7K, Magnus VT 3000 and VT 4000 Tripods, Sachtlr Ace Series Tripod, Dolby Gorilla Tripod, 85, 35, 14, MM Cine Lenses, Rode NT1, Rode NT-USB, Rode Boom Pole :)

I have a lot more rode products, but that is what I utilize the most :)

Reactions: Shawn Gossman

Michael J Elliott

Subscriber Goal
Wow, I feel like I've stumbled onto a post in another language lol. I have a Panasonic digital video cam but I don't use it atm since I don't have a tripod and the set I'm creating isn't readu. I'm using a logitech C270 webcam on my PC. I will need to update this soon!. A very primitive set up but it does get the job done atm :p

OP
OP
Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
www.hikingwithshawn.com
Subscriber Goal
Canon 80D with Sigma 18-35mm Art Lens, Rode Video Mic Pro all sat on top of a Manfrotto 190 Tripod and 502 Video Head

I have a Manfrotto tripod, really nice and a Joby Gorilla one that you can move around. Here is a pic of mine.

tripods.jpg

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Michael J Elliott

Subscriber Goal
I have a Manfrotto tripod, really nice and a Joby Gorilla one that you can move around. Here is a pic of mine.

View attachment 648
They look really useful Shawn. I did some research this morning and found out how primitive my C270 webcam is. I'm now saving up for the C930 which should improve my video quality no end. BTW does the Joby attach to webcams or standard cameras? How much do they cost?
Thanks for sharing the pic too :)

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Currently my stuff is mostly shot on a Canon 70D with a Rode VideoMic Go, Usually using a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 ART lens. I'm currently looking at the possibilities of upgrading to a 5D Mark IV which can double as an upgraded portraiture camera.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Guitar Hack

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Wow, I feel like I've stumbled onto a post in another language lol. I have a Panasonic digital video cam but I don't use it atm since I don't have a tripod and the set I'm creating isn't readu. I'm using a logitech C270 webcam on my PC. I will need to update this soon!. A very primitive set up but it does get the job done atm :p
I use all sorts. But I'm loving the web cam!
I'm experimenting with attaching the webcam onto guitars for some really cool shots. Making a lot of clamps and swivel thingies to get great angles. The round webcams are really good for mounting at any angle.
  • Mobile Phone (720p) : unamused: only if I have to.
  • JVC Everio E100 (1080p) :) old, but most used.
  • Nikon CoolPix S2800 (1080p):mad: rubbish
  • Nikon Coolpix L820 (1080p): unamused:
  • Canon 70D :cool: this is my son's camera. Just getting to fiddle with every so often.
  • Logitech ? (720p):p