• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Any feedback?

Dysphasia PV

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
www.dysphasia.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Any feedback? Would you click on a thumbnail looking like this if you saw it? If not, what would you change about it? I look forward to hearing your thoughts regarding the thumbnail.

What is DLD.png

Last edited:

Barkey

At the larger size this is fine, but thumbnails are shrunk way down on cell phones and the like. So the "all you need to do..." line would not be visible. I like the simplicity of the overall design, though.

Reactions: MattCommand1
OP
OP
Dysphasia PV

Dysphasia PV

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
www.dysphasia.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
At the larger size this is fine, but thumbnails are shrunk way down on cell phones and the like. So the "all you need to do..." line would not be visible. I like the simplicity of the overall design, though.

True, but maybe not. This is on my Android Phone.

Attachments

• Android Phone.jpg
    Android Phone.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 107

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
@Barkey is absolutely right. Your text is too small, especially the last two lines. If you don't care about viewers over age 40 who start to have a tougher time reading smaller print or people who have smaller phones, you might be able to get away with it. You shouldn't assume that just because you can read it on your phone that others will too.

Even if people can read it, people are not willing to exert a lot of effort to read small text or small images.

Your thumbnail is entirely reliant on someone's curiosity over a vague question with little imagery. Aside from your channel name which seems very specific, there is little reference to what your video is about.

OP
OP
Dysphasia PV

Dysphasia PV

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
www.dysphasia.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
@Barkey is absolutely right. Your text is too small, especially the last two lines. If you don't care about viewers over age 40 who start to have a tougher time reading smaller print or people who have smaller phones, you might be able to get away with it. You shouldn't assume that just because you can read it on your phone, others will too.

Even if people can read it, they are not willing to exert effort to read small text or small images.

Your thumbnail relies entirely on someone's curiosity over a vague question with little imagery. Aside from your channel name, which seems very specific, there is little reference to what your video is about.

Like I said, the screenshot that I attached is on my phone, and the text is readable.