• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question My views are going up and down.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Let me ask you about that. Years ago, before I was active on this forum, I was really active over on the YTTalk forum (which is now abandoned). I had a lot of discussions about the idea of diversifying niche content on a single channel or creating new channels for different niches of content. I decided to go with multiple channels, which of course is a ton more work, especially if like me and try to keep to a schedule on each channel. In view of the declining views on my JE channel, I have pondered whether it would not have been better to have put all the content on one channel and create different playlists. I would love to hear your ideas on this.
I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive response on that. You know how it is, it depends on your audience, their expectations and how far each topic strays from the other. It is possible to keep everything tied together on one channel and if the content is similar I would personally push for that approach. You see gamers do this a lot, where they cover different games under different playlists. You can have different styles of videos in different playlists. Personally I do a trip to Cozumel every year that is supposed to stand as our winter-time vlog between fishing seasons. Totally out of left-field for our audience, who often looks for information on Texas fishing. I get weird results from this; our audience tends to abandon us during this series... but it does really well in Search all year long. What typically happens though is that they understand it is a one-off series, and that the regular content will return. When it does we get a pretty nice boost as that audience now has a return to content that they had not seen in a while. Ideally I would like this to be semi-annual and something that covers journeys to different locales (my wife absolutely fell in love with Cozumel, I can't get her to go anywhere else lol).

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive response on that. You know how it is, it depends on your audience, their expectations and how far each topic strays from the other. It is possible to keep everything tied together on one channel and if the content is similar I would personally push for that approach. You see gamers do this a lot, where they cover different games under different playlists. You can have different styles of videos in different playlists. Personally I do a trip to Cozumel every year that is supposed to stand as our winter-time vlog between fishing seasons. Totally out of left-field for our audience, who often looks for information on Texas fishing. I get weird results from this; our audience tends to abandon us during this series... but it does really well in Search all year long. What typically happens though is that they understand it is a one-off series, and that the regular content will return. When it does we get a pretty nice boost as that audience now has a return to content that they had not seen in a while. Ideally I would like this to be semi-annual and something that covers journeys to different locales (my wife absolutely fell in love with Cozumel, I can't get her to go anywhere else lol).

Yeah. Cozumel is pretty nice. Went there on a cruise before Covid. Did a little reef dive and got some great 4K footage on my action cam for a video. I grew up in that area of the Yucatan, so I know that region well. I used to swim reefs back in the 80s that were baren beach and now they are huge resorts. Man, I so wish I would have had the equipment back then that I have today. I love that region. Here is a picture taken in 1981 of a shack on the beach of the Yucatan peninsula opposite of Cozumel. Where this shack was, is now miles of resorts. You can see the whitecaps of the waves crashing on the coral reef in the background. I spent many a days swimming behind that reef. Man! The coral there was full of every kind of life. You could catch spiny lobsters with your hands. It was awesome and I had it all to myself. 829490-R1-24-24.JPG

Jasmeen David

This process happens on an ongoing basis, so every new view you get is audited to see if it's real. The end result is that your view count will start off by rising right away, and then will stagger up and down as the audits pass over it

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Actually, yes, they do show up in search. At least on my phone, I don't know about other devices, but there's a shorts shelf in the search results for me.
Exactly... there's a shelf. While that shows up in search it is still regular VOD's which command the majority of search results.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah. Cozumel is pretty nice. Went there on a cruise before Covid. Did a little reef dive and got some great 4K footage on my action cam for a video. I grew up in that area of the Yucatan, so I know that region well. I used to swim reefs back in the 80s that were baren beach and now they are huge resorts. Man, I so wish I would have had the equipment back then that I have today. I love that region. Here is a picture taken in 1981 of a shack on the beach of the Yucatan peninsula opposite of Cozumel. Where this shack was, is now miles of resorts. You can see the whitecaps of the waves crashing on the coral reef in the background. I spent many a days swimming behind that reef. Man! The coral there was full of every kind of life. You could catch spiny lobsters with your hands. It was awesome and I had it all to myself.View attachment 11661
Man I feel you here. We do Cozumel every year, have for ten years now. Our favorite restaurant was closed a couple years ago and has been slowly falling off a cliff and into the sea every year. Used to be amazing; the first time we went the cooks were casting fishing poles out the window of the kitchen to catch the meal the were making, freaking unreal. No electricity, still managed the best guacamole on the island.

What I would give for a shack and a sliver of coast like that.

1643728062408.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Similar situation, have some videos that have done thousands of views this year but my last two videos, both covering a game that I have lots of views for previously, have only got around 50 views collectively. I have over 2000 subscribers and I think my thumbnail game has significantly improved recently too but still, views aren't there.

Interestingly though, it seems like those videos are just not being pushed out, impressions are way below what I'd expect so obviously views will be down.