• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered How Do You Backup

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Oops! Hit the enter button on accident.

As I was saying. QB Online costs over 2000% more than the Desktop counterpart. That is the issue that most bugs me about subscription software. IF QB online was price competitive with the Desktop counterpart, I would pay for it annually and use it. But it is in a whole other universe price-wise than the Desktop version, and it does the same dang thing. It is the same thing with just about every other software that has gone to subscription, the price jumps through the roof, and the feature drop through the floor. There is no cloud software that I have ever tested that can hold a candle to the desktop version and yet, they charge ten times more for it.

So, for me, once a company goes subscription, they are dead. I will always have an XP Desktop system to run good old software that I OWN forever. I will not be a willing victim of software company subscription abuse. I don't mind paying for software and I always do pay for software I use for professional work. I even make annual donations to the creators of open-source software I use for free. But It will be a cold day in hell before I pay 2000% more for something that does the same thing I was using the Desktop counterpart to do.

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1