• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Not gonna lie. I am pretty discouraged.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Never thought I'd ever hear someone mention those qualities in the same sentence. Your point is very well taken. Also, the we know that Millennials and GenZers much prefer to have an experience rather than a stuff, a more Baby Boomer mentality. Well our entire lives are experiences as GenXers.

Yes, I am very cognizant where I am in my life. I am an older Gen X'er keeping an eye on what Millenials (and some GenZ) are doing. I know who I want to target and I speak to those issues. My viewers are Millennials to GenX and I am focused on what they care about. I am aware I cannot be all things to all people. We all have "unfair advantages" we can bring to our own YT channels. Being a GenX, I earned those "unfair advantages" that GenZ or Millenials cannot easily touch and overcome. I think as YT creators we should actually WRITE down our own "unfair advantages" to remind ourselves to play to those strengths.

There are both pros and cons to being a member of each generation. We cannot change our age or generation but we can absolutely control what strengths we play to.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I think we have to be careful of drawing absolute conclusions and extrapolating too much based on what we experience on a personal level. I have one video that literally has 4 views. Period. Changed thumbnails & descriptions a couple times. Still nothing. For whatever reason, that video just won't do anything although I personally think it is a useful one. The only conclusion I can draw is that it was a trial vertical video vs. horizontal one. Do I know for sure? Not really. But I move on with the idea that I don't think I will do a vertical video again (unless it is a YT short) KNOWING full well that YT shorts are entirely vertical videos.

I might be able to suggest to you what it is the reason for the video low performance. It is the SEO. No, not the SEO you have control over. It is the SEO you have no control over, which is the video itself. Google has a deep learning algorithm which actually analysis everything in a video; every object, every word, everything. The AI then decides, based on this, what it thinks the video is about. It then, measures this against the SEO you provide to see if there is a match. The better the match between your SEO and Google's AI analysis, the more google likes it. The problem is, you have no control over what the AI determines or any way to see this data. For whatever reason, sometimes the AI thinks something totally different about your video than what you intend it to be. You do your best SEO, but the AI says that it is not even a close match. I have seen this effect on some of my videos myself, especially ones in which I do not talk. One way to circumvent the AI getting it wrong, is to repeat what the video is about over and over again throughout the video. I have a bad habit of not doing this myself, even though I know I need to.

I agree that there is a "cause" for your perceived drop. I agree it is not Covid. I looked at your channel and I had a "first impression". Have you asked anyone what people think of your channel as a "first impression" with 2022 eyes? Your old subscribers and viewers are already onboard. What worked for them might not work for newer viewers and subscribers. Maybe or maybe not. I think thousands of YT creators (including me) everyday are actively looking for a cause for their channel's dissatisfactory performance. But I think most people are looking at what they can do to improve or what they have done wrong vs. believing looking at YT's fault. And when YT do have glitches, there is a reporting mechanism either in their forums or their private message in Studio Creator.

This one seems to be giving you trouble wrapping your mind around. Let me help you. As I pointed out, my subcribers do not watch my videos. My channel average for subscriber views is 0.6% This is one area where you and I are totally different. Honestly, subscribers mean absolutely nothing to me. There only use is to give my channel prestige. A lot of tubers focus on subscribers. I have a lot of subscribers, but they are not loyal because that is not the nature of my content. As I have already explained, I do not produce entertaining content. Only enterntement channels benefit from subscribers and followings. I produce educational content (DIY). Like, how to replace the radiator in a 2004 Hyundia Elantra, or how to create an ignition controlled power port on a 2011 Chevy Silverado. If you don't have a 2004 Hyundia Elantra, or a 2011 Chevy Silverado, and you don't need to replace the radiator or need an ignition controlled power port, you have no reason to watch my videos. Yes, I produce a few off topic entertainment videos for kicks, but they are always my lowest performing videos because YT knows my channel is an educational channel, not an entertainment channel.

People who watch my content are looking for an answer to a problem. They are gonna do a search to find it. So search ranking is vitally important to me, but even more important is SUGGESTIONS. Why? Because I am not the only person who has made a video about the particular subject, but in many cases, my video is actually much better than any of my competitors. As a person who uses YT videos to learn how to do things I am unfamiliare with I can tell you right now, YT is really bad at finding GOOD videos on the subject. There a lot of DIY cell phone cowboy creators out there that drive me INSANE and make me want to pull my hair out their production quality is SOOOOOO bad. But, they are first in search results (in spite of the video have NO SEO to speak of), even though their video has a 90% DISLIKE ratio. This is where I excel. I shoot everything from a tripod with a $2,000 camera and $1000 lens. I may have to reposition my camera and lights hundreds of times during a shoot, to get each shot just right. This is the effort other DIY creators refuse to put into their videos. This is why people subscribe to my channel. I have thousands of comments stating that my video was a "Breath of fresh air" from the normal crappy DIY videos people find on YT. So, people watch my video that helps them AFTER they have watched other lesser videos on the subject. This is why Suggestions are so vital to me.

Of course, the issue involves "engineering". YT is one big engineering project. The YT algorithm is a feat of AI engineering and constantly being tweaked. It is possible that we can get glitches in our results. I am not into the theory that YT "has it in" for anyone. But I do believe we, as creators, can fall out of favor if we do not keep up with the times. Such as keeping our titles fresh, do remakes of older videos, redo our thumbnails, relook at our titles/descriptions, etc. I just looked my older channel started around 2009 and I cringe. The way I did descriptions, poor thumbnails, throwing up nonsensical videos, no CTAs, etc. I didn't keep up with YT trends and changes and just kept doing the same cringey things for nearly 10 years. No wonder that YT channel never went anywhere meaningful.

I don't disagree with what you said here, but the data I presented cleary shows that much of what you have said does not apply to my situation in particular. Always make sure you keep the data I provided at the start in mind, because I will refer back to it over and over again if I need to. As the conversation proceeds, I will use that data to realign it back onto track. All the things you just talk about fall under the category of "Organics". Your points are valid points, but when something is organic, change occurs slowly, not in an instant. The data I presented clearly show a seven and a half year steady organic growth rate for my channel (means I was doing things right). Then there was a sudden a dramatic 180 degree switch in July of 2021 (it's a new year. LOL). This nagates any organics as being the cause. If it were organics that were the cause, the change would occur slowly over a long period of time. It would not occur overnight, as it did in this case. When something changes that fast and suddenly, engineering can be the only culrpit.

Continued in next post. (over 10K characters).

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
In just the last 6 months, I had to relook at things like my thumbnails, playlists, titles, descriptions, etc. I had to redo and update them to bring them up to my current standards and sensibilities. I anticipate that in the year to come, I will revisit them again to make sure they are still "fresh" as I evolve as a creator.

I do this all the time for videos that are losing performance.

And, insofar as YT "disappearing", it could happen and I think we will see signs of YT decline way in advance if we want to jump ship. Perhaps, some people may need or want to jump ship but it isn't me. I didn't pay serious attention to YT the last 15 years and it was costly. I cannot turn back the clock, I can only go forward. But YT and video creating & video marketing (for me) is here for the rest of my professional life and I am encouraging my business friends to get serious and get onboard. YT and video platforms, in general, is still on a growth curve.

I think Google has gotten too big for its pant, to tell you the truth. I have walked upon this earth for a long time and observed the human condition with a vested interest. I have watched many big companies that have gotten too big for their pants fall from their postiton and are no more, or are struggling. In the 1990s, there was one name in browsers, "Internet Explorer". I remember reading the bloggers of that time saying that it dominance was insurmountable and that it could not be toppled. Likewise, Microsoft Windows was the only OS on the block. Microsoft dominated technology. But today, that is not the case. It has lost the browser war. It was soundly chased from the smartphone market with its tail between its legs. Windows is barely holding on. The only market Microsoft still has a serious hold in is Office suites, but there are many serious competitors and they are losing ground there. Walmart is another example. Once the unquestioned King fo retail, is now scrambling and spending billions to stay relevant, because Amazon.com came along. And Amazon.com itself, once the KIng of online retail is losing ground FAST.

What do all these companies have in common? They all thought they were "Too Big To Fail" and they stopped caring about their customers. Google has that attitude right now. It no longer cares what YOU want, because it does not think it needs you any more. It thinks we need them. Google no longer serves the customer, it now wants to CONTROL the customer. This is what I meant by "ENGINEERING". It would take several books to detail all the data and research In have put into this, so if you disagree, I will just leave it. Just know, I do not make baseless claims. I am not always right, but I always have good reason for what I say based on solid research. It is just that, to lay all the research out, would take way more time than I have.

I think the current decline in views that I am seeing (and many others) is not about what our content is; it is about what our content is NOT. I firmly believe that YT is now promoting the content THEY want, and they are not letting the AI decide what is best for the viewer based on oragnics. They are are driving the viewership like cattle in the direction they want them to go. They have an agenda they are pushing. Maybe they think that in order to stay relevant, they need to change the platform from what it is, to something else. Maybe their research department has said this is what they need to do. Or maybe it is as simple as base human emotion and YT is just run by a bunch of horny immature people who like to see young girls and guys in sexually provocative conditions.

I will say it again. I do not know the exact cause, but my research leads me to believe that what has happened to my channel since July is not of an organic nature. I am not saying I have no room for improvement, I obviously do, and continually strive to improve, but I do not believe that anything I did caused the complete overnight reversal of an almost 8 year growth trend.

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I just don't see myself looking good with a sex change operation, skin bleach, purple hair and a bikini.

Okay, thanks for the nightmare. :p

Honestly, I have never been a trend follower. I have combed my hair the same exact way my entire life. Only one style of hair cut, ever. I have always sought things of real value, and fads and trends have never met that high bar. Back in the 90s, I was a siding and windows salesman for short period. I was extremely successful at it, but not because I was a great salesman. I never sold siding and windows, I sold myself. People bought from me because they liked me. My boss forced me to go to all kinds of sales meeting to learn tactics for selling. Most of it made my angry just to hear it, and I never used any of it on my customers. I hate salemen, so I refused to be one (the ultimate reason I was let go). So how as I such a successful salman? It was because I treated my clients exactly the way I wanted to be treated. I did not hit the with flem flam and high pressure sales pitches. I was just pure an honest with them. I remember this one night I went into a house and after figuring up the bid and presenting the price, the man quite rudely said "NO". I said, "Okay. Thank you for your time", and got up to leave. The man jumped up and said, "Hey wait! Are you just gonna leave?" I said, "Yes. You said you were not interested, so I am leaving." The guy responded and said, "What about a price drop? What about a discount for putting up a sign in our front yard for a year. What about calling your supervisor to authorize a special discount?" I looked at him and said, "You have had a lot of salesmen out here to bid this job haven't you?" He said, "Yes". I said, "And how to you feel about those guys?" He said, "Well, I did not like them that much and they made me angry." I said, "Well sir, those kinds of sales techniques make me angry as well, that is why I would never use them on you. I am not a saleman. I am just a guy giving you a bid. If you like the bid, go with it. If not, I wish you the best." The guy sat down in shocked disbelief and just sat there for a moment. The he said, "You are the kind of guy I want to buy from. Let's get this done."

People subscribe to my channel for the same reason. I am not the best or the most entertaining. They subscribe because I am real with them. They like me. They know I am not pulling any fancy flem flam things to manipulate them and their emotions. I am giving them a good and honest quality product, not a fancy overhyped one. This is why my demographics are 95% mature male.

I am me. My channel is about me. I am an independant rugged individualist who values honor, integrity, respect, and self reliance. I believe logic and reason would always be held as more valuable than feelings and emotions. I believe that there is a high bar of acceptability and that it will never come down. I know that these are concepts that are all but foreign to the modern generation, and I butt heads with a lot of people who do not understand these things. My channel appeals to people that value the same things as I do. I represent a dying generation. I know this.

Last edited:
  • Love

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, I have never been a trend follower. I have combed my hair the same exact way my entire life. Only one style of hair cut, ever. I have always sought things of real value, and fads and trends have never met that high bar. Back in the 90s, I was a siding and windows salesman for short period. I was extremely successful at it, but not because I was a great salesman. I never sold siding and windows, I sold myself. People bought from me because they liked me. My boss forced me to go to all kinds of sales meeting to learn tactics for selling. Most of it made my angry just to hear it, and I never used any of it on my customers. I hate salemen, so I refused to be one (the ultimate reason I was let go). So how as I such a successful salman? It was because I treated my clients exactly the way I wanted to be treated. I did not hit the with flem flam and high pressure sales pitches. I was just pure an honest with them. I remember this one night I went into a house and after figuring up the bid and presenting the price, the man quite rudely said "NO". I said, "Okay. Thank you for your time", and got up to leave. The man jumped up and said, "Hey wait! Are you just gonna leave?" I said, "Yes. You said you were not interested, so I am leaving." The guy responded and said, "What about a price drop? What about a discount for putting up a sign in our front yard for a year. What about calling your supervisor to authorize a special discount?" I looked at him and said, "You have had a lot of salesmen out here to bid this job haven't you?" He said, "Yes". I said, "And how to you feel about those guys?" He said, "Well, I did not like them that much and they made me angry." I said, "Well sir, those kinds of sales techniques make me angry as well, that is why I would never use them on you. I am not a saleman. I am just a guy giving you a bid. If you like the bid, go with it. If not, I wish you the best." The guy sat down in shocked disbelief and just sat there for a moment. The he said, "You are the kind of guy I want to buy from. Let's get this done."

Love that story! I had the same experiences working the chicken shack. I fried chicken for ten years before starting my current YouTube channel. Most of the customers were factory workers. They'd get off work tired or just wanted a quick bite on their lunch break. They last thing they wanted was a dried up piece of chicken and soggy French fries. If a customer asked how fresh the chicken was. I'd tell them, them give them a hot wing so they could try it and make up their own minds.

The owner would get mad at me for doing that. The reality is when I would let them sample the food, they'd usually need up buying. If you tried to convince them to buy, they'd get mad and leave. I learned that a person has to make up in their own minds if something is worth buying. Also, they need to have the freedom to say no without being harassed.

That's what I love about YouTube as a "sales platform." I just tell people what I have, show them how it works, then let them decide if it's worth buying. No sales gimmicks or any of that junk.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I think Google has gotten too big for its pant, to tell you the truth. I have walked upon this earth for a long time and observed the human condition with a vested interest. I have watched many big companies that have gotten too big for their pants fall from their postiton and are no more, or are struggling. In the 1990s, there was one name in browsers, "Internet Explorer". I remember reading the bloggers of that time saying that it dominance was insurmountable and that it could not be toppled. Likewise, Microsoft Windows was the only OS on the block. Microsoft dominated technology. But today, that is not the case. It has lost the browser war. It was soundly chased from the smartphone market with its tail between its legs. Windows is barely holding on. The only market Microsoft still has a serious hold in is Office suites, but there are many serious competitors and they are losing ground there. Walmart is another example. Once the unquestioned King fo retail, is now scrambling and spending billions to stay relevant, because Amazon.com came along. And Amazon.com itself, once the KIng of online retail is losing ground FAST.

I was in the I.T. industry and was a technical trainer on the front lines for many years. I understand that all companies have their peaks and valleys eventually. It is one reason I left I.T. I got tired of having to be "instantly" become an expert of whatever the latest tech fads were. Having said all that, we have to translate the macro level changes to our own individual lives and channels. I am here specifically for YT discussions although I realize macro level changes can affect lower level decisions. It seems to me that your macro views are influencing your YT outlook.

I think the current decline in views that I am seeing (and many others) is not about what our content is; it is about what our content is NOT. I firmly believe that YT is now promoting the content THEY want, and they are not letting the AI decide what is best for the viewer based on oragnics. They are are driving the viewership like cattle in the direction they want them to go. They have an agenda they are pushing. Maybe they think that in order to stay relevant, they need to change the platform from what it is, to something else. Maybe their research department has said this is what they need to do. Or maybe it is as simple as base human emotion and YT is just run by a bunch of horny immature people who like to see young girls and guys in sexually provocative conditions.

Let's assume you are correct in all aspects of your assessment (which I am not convinced). May I ask what your plan is as it relates to YT? Are you looking to make a graceful exit? Or are you trying to rally the troops to agree with you and take action to "change YT"? Or are you looking for encouragement or suggestions? Your initial post seemed to indicate that you needed encouragement but it seems you are actually seeking others to support your position. You seem to pretty entrenched in your position. I am unclear what your next steps are.

For me and many people who post here on TB forums, it is with the general understanding that we are supportive and optimistic of YT (and TB as a product) and that we can do something to improve our channels. If that is not the premise of the TB forums, then I am in the wrong place. Certainly, anyone is entitled to be pessimistic about YT but that is contrary to the unspoken mission and tone of the TB forums. The TB forums is about YT optimism (not blindly however). TB forums is appropriate to discuss flaws with YT but your all-around arguments seem to paint your position into a corner. All I can say is "good luck in your future endeavors" because your premise and outlook is so bleak. According to you and a few others, YT failure is inevitable and YT is broken and perhaps unfixable. If that is the case, then probably an exit plan is in order. And the reality is that YT is an entrepreneurial endeavor. Not all entrepreneurial endeavors can or will survive. I know this going in. We all take risks with our time to play the YT game.

What would you like to see happen going forward?

I will say it again. I do not know the exact cause, but my research leads me to believe that what has happened to my channel since July is not of an organic nature. I am not saying I have no room for improvement, I obviously do, and continually strive to improve, but I do not believe that anything I did caused the complete overnight reversal of an almost 8 year growth trend.

Sometimes in life, it isn't what we do to cause us problems. It is what we DON'T DO, that causes us problems. As an observation, I can give one example of your channel that you might want to look at. You say you have looked at your thumbnails. Btu you have too much text in some of your thumbnails and the text is too small to be read on a mobile phone. And on top of all that, people over 45 will have even more difficulty viewing on a phone due to the need for reading glasses. Many of your thumbnails will not view well on a phone.

You don't have to change anything but the hard reality is most newer viewers view thumbnails on their phone. But maybe you don't want newer viewers. And if you are still designing thumbnails for only desktop viewers, you will block out half of potential new viewers. And several of your thumbnails have camouflaged objects. In other words, the primary object looks very similar in color to the background image. They don't pop. There are other things I've noticed on your channel but I want to keep it short.

Having said all that, can I guarantee that if you made the changes, you will reverse your downward trend? Of Course not. It may be you are trapped in a vicious cycle and in an inevitable decline. Only you can make that determination.

• Love

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
People subscribe to my channel for the same reason. I am not the best or the most entertaining. They subscribe because I am real with them. They like me. They know I am not pulling any fancy flem flam things to manipulate them and their emotions. I am giving them a good and honest quality product, not a fancy overhyped one. This is why my demographics are 95% mature male.

I am me. My channel is about me. I am an independant rugged individualist who values honor, integrity, respect, and self reliance. I believe logic and reason would always be held as more valuable than feelings and emotions. I believe that there is a high bar of acceptability and that it will never come down. I know that these are concepts that are all but foreign to the modern generation, and I butt heads with a lot of people who do not understand these things. My channel appeals to people that value the same things as I do. I represent a dying generation. I know this.

That is very insightful. You have every right to be who you are and run your YT as you see fit but you said you were discouraged. Things will continue to change and evolve on YT whether we embrace them or not. (i.e. YT shorts, ick!)

I cannot speak for anyone else. I have been in tech for a long time. Being in tech, we have to change our ways and outlook or we can stay with a flip phone or a landline. I am a guy who is happy to have microwave ovens. I am happy to have left vinyl records and cassette tapes behind. I prefer print books to read but publish Kindle books as a business preference. And yet I am still an avid Microsoft Windows desktop computer user with my mouse and keyboard. I am a walking contradiction.

I am still me at the core but depending on our priorities and goals we may have to adapt and change certain aspects with the times. But I understand and acknowledge there is a generation who believe as you do.

• Love

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here's my simple opinion. I used to love watching Knight Rider on TV back when I was a kid. The show stopped airing after 4 seasons. I used to ask myself why. Then it all made sense. Knight Rider wasn't the only show I watched. I didn't stop watching TV after it ended and there are many TV series I stopped watching before they ended. Why? Because I got bored. Because it got repetitive and I simply wanted something new, something different. It's why Knight Rider was ended after 4 seasons. People got bored.

The same exact thing happened on YouTube. I used to watch the likes of TekThing, MuzzaFuzza and Epic Meal Time before their channels died out. I stopped watching cause I got bored. They became repetitive. The irony is that this is what became their demise. Everyone else was doing the same thing thus competition watered down the content. It's the same reason streamers like Ninja dropped in popularity.

If you can't pivot your channel or your content your channel will eventually start to lose it's audience because the content gets old and boring. I used to watch gaming and tech content all the time. These days I watch restoration videos, politics, animal and cooking videos. My interests changed. So will everyone else. If you can't pivot you will be left behind. It's that simple. Sure, YouTube changes all the time. YouTube's job is not to create a safe space for people to do whatever they want and make money off it. Their job is to follow the money, just like yours is. They will turn their sail wherever the money winds blow and you have to be able to do the same or you'll be left behind.

@Damon has the right idea. He changes his videos every few years to keep them fresh and to date. We all need to do the same. Unless you wanna end up in the same graveyard as the likes of Epic meal Time, Tek Thing and Ninja's channels are.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Funny how you and Matt continually use Entertainment/Amusement channels are your examples. A real curiosity.

Why is that curious? I enjoy mostly tech/gaming content but lately I've been watching a lot of videos around restoration, police karma, politics, constitutional rights and the law and dashcam videos since I recently bought a dashcam for my wife's car.

If you're trying to insinuate that Matt and I are the same person man are you far from the truth. I've been a TubeBuddy mod for several years now. I don't have my original channel linked to this account because I tried to start a new channel but life got in the way. This is my real channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BraveStarrTheGamer

OP
OP
The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
What would you like to see happen going forward?

Unlike you, I do not believe that everything is static. You act like what YouTube decides is static and you can have no influence over it. I do not believe this. You see YT as a source for amusing entertainment. I see YouTube as the greatest educational source the world has ever known. A global library of intimate knowledge from around the world where you can virtually learn anything. I believe entertainment comes and goes, but knowledge has real value that transcends platforms and time. I believe that YT has lost its way and is chasing after the TikTok fad. I believe that with time YT will lose this battle and give up this quest and realize that their best hope to stay relevant will be to focus on creators that bring the content of real value to the platform. I believe ToKit in its current form will soon die as well.

The fact is, you can only eat so much sugar before you get sick. This kind of crappy, hollow gobbledegook content like YT Shorts and TikTok is nothing but sugar that everyone is high on right now. But this fad will wear off, I believe very soon (there are things on the horizon that I know about that may change the world as we know it).

Let me tell you a little story. My son is an expert in disaster relief. He is a trained Paramedic with Red Cross, FEMA, and WHO certification. He has traveled around the world to disaster-stricken places to help people. While he was going through his FEMA certification, he had to take a test on a study. It was a 10-year study of American society and the purpose of the study was to determine what the outcome would be of a hypothetical situation. The hypothetical situation was this; A 12-month complete shutdown of the national power grid. The 10-year study determined that if the US was to suffer a 12-month shutdown of the national power grid, the result would be an 80% die-off of the American population. The study determined that the primary cause of such a catastrophic loss of life is a result of the utter incompetence of the average American to provide for even their basic needs. The cause of this incompetence is that the average American has no knowledge of even where things come from and how they are produced.

Let me show you what I did today, and this is a normal thing for me that I have done all my life.

IMG_20211202_132344.jpg

20191207_192824.jpg

Vacuum freshness.jpg

IMG_20220102_211736.jpg

IMG_20220102_214221.jpg

IMG_20220102_180050.jpg

IMG_20220102_215449.jpg

I bring something to the table that all of the cute girls and entertaining hollow sugar content creators do not. I bring something real. Something of true value. Something that could even save your life. People like me will always have value, even when all the people want is crappy hollow sugar rush content. Considering the FEMA study, what kind of content do you think Americans need to spend more time watching?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Unlike you, I do not believe that everything is static.

Ok, clearly I wasted my time responding. I am not the one who is "discouraged" and upset by Youtube.

If what you got out of everything I wrote is that "everything is static", I have clearly failed. I just got done writing multiple posts how YouTube continues to change and evolve and that we as Youtubers need to change and evolve.

I am done. You get the last word.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Here's the deal. You are not going to affect the YouTube Algorithm. Regardless of however many constitutions you have changed and how many people have lost their jobs because of your influence the YouTube Search and Discovery Systems are the basis for a company worth $1,200 Billion.

"You cannot fix a problem you do not admit exist and have not precisely identified."

The issue here is that there is no problem to fix. There is nothing wrong with the YouTube Search and Discovery Systems. They are a finely tune set of algorithms meant to put the right videos in front of the right eyes... and they don't even include these Shorts videos you are so upset about unless you specifically go to the Shorts shelf. This system is not set in place to hold you down, it's been designed to provide the optimal viewing experience. So yes, you can take advice like updating thumbnails and video content and presume that an attempt to enhance the viewing experience will make an impact on the performance of your work.