• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help 1 channel, or multiple?

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

So I do multiple different things on my channel and they don't completely relate to each other. This has gotten me thinking about audience targeting. This is hard to do in this case. Would that be hurting my channel? I've been thinking about starting different channels for those different topics. Would this be a good idea, even though it would mean starting over?
This is a very good question. In facto I posted a question similar to that one. I have also the same doubt. My channel offers a lot of subjects but I am considering to open several channels according to the subjects I have on it.

Reactions: CrisVillorejo
OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
This is a very good question. In facto I posted a question similar to that one. I have also the same doubt. My channel offers a lot of subjects but I am considering to open several channels according to the subjects I have on it.

Your choice, but I would recommend to pic something that you enjoy and that did well and do more of that. Trying to do lots of different things on one channel will likely slow you down, as people will sub for one thing and not for others. This is what I am experiencing on my channel, and it has me rethinking what exactly I want to do on my channel.

Reactions: ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

Your choice, but I would recommend to pic something that you enjoy and that did well and do more of that. Trying to do lots of different things on one channel will likely slow you down, as people will sub for one thing and not for others. This is what I am experiencing on my channel, and it has me rethinking what exactly I want to do on my channel.
It's a good point, but the problem is that fornow, every videos have almost the same views. I think it's too soon to make conclusions. I will continue this path and let it roll for a little while and in a couple of months I have more data to make a conclusion.

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have 2 channels, but mainly only post on one. I tried to target multiple different audiences to see if I could increase subscribers, however I feel like having multiple different channels makes it harder to think of creative video ideas for each one. For example, if I only have one channel I already have to think of 2 video ideas for that channel, but adding an additional channel makes me have to think of 4 videos a week! In my opinion, having 1 channel with 2 maybe 3 different niches is good. I keep trying to narrow my niches down as I go, but for the most part, having a few different things has worked somewhat for me.

OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have 2 channels, but mainly only post on one. I tried to target multiple different audiences to see if I could increase subscribers, however I feel like having multiple different channels makes it harder to think of creative video ideas for each one. For example, if I only have one channel I already have to think of 2 video ideas for that channel, but adding an additional channel makes me have to think of 4 videos a week! In my opinion, having 1 channel with 2 maybe 3 different niches is good. I keep trying to narrow my niches down as I go, but for the most part, having a few different things has worked somewhat for me.
Its definitely good to experiment. Thats what I'm doing right now to try and narrow it down. You probably should narrow it down as you go as you find what does better, as people will subscribe for one thing and not others, meaning you'll likely start to do better as you streamline it.

Reactions: ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

pankaj chouhan

So I do multiple different things on my channel and they don't completely relate to each other. This has gotten me thinking about audience targeting. This is hard to do in this case. Would that be hurting my channel? I've been thinking about starting different channels for those different topics. Would this be a good idea, even though it would mean starting over?
i think you should be focus on the some specific topics, as your channel's niche is specific and if you do multiple things on this it might break the trust of your viewers as they come to you for that specific knowledge....eg if your channel is for teaching then don't jump on all the subjects just focus on 2 to 3 or may be a single subject

OP
OP
Super Cooper Hobbies

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
i think you should be focus on the some specific topics, as your channel's niche is specific and if you do multiple things on this it might break the trust of your viewers as they come to you for that specific knowledge....eg if your channel is for teaching then don't jump on all the subjects just focus on 2 to 3 or may be a single subject
Yes, this is what I am trying to do, I originally started off without a specific niche and am narrowing down. I wouldn't say it breaks trust unless you start making that different content consistently and it becomes clear you're making a pivot

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I would say, "It Depends". I run multiple channels, but they are all totally different. One is a DIY channel. Another is a gaming channel. Another is for videos related to non-profit charitable work. Another is for PC hacks and computer issues. I know people that have multiple channels about the same exact thing, just done in a different way. James Veitch has two channels for his comedy routines. One is live stand-up. The other is the same routine, but done with computer graphics. I would say that as long as you are not just copying the same content to a different channel, it is okay, but the real question is, can you manage multiple channels well? I find that it is better to work on one channel than to have multiple channels. Yes, I have several channels, but I keep things manageable. Spome channels I only produce a few videos a year for, whereas with others I put out weekly content. I just put out 12 videos for my gaming channel, all scheduled to be released a week apart, so I am good for the next three months on that channel. I just finished a new video tonight for my Jungle Explorer channel, but I only put out one video a month for it because the videos require a lot of work. The video tonight is 31 minutes long and took over two months of work to get all the footage I needed.

That's my two cents.