• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Any Audacity users?

Terry

I've just recorded the audio for my first video and started playing around with Audacity.
So far I've found the noise reduction which is useful, is there anything else i should using?

Reactions: DragoNate

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I use Audacity all the time. The tool I use the most, and probably only use really, is the noise reduction. It gets rid of background noise so you don't have a hiss instead of complete silence. If your audio is somehow too deep or too high pitched, you can use the equalization. Other than that, I feel that everything else is there just to play with if you feel like it. Which I encourage you to do. It's goo to play around with these things. Might give you some new ideas or help you with a unique, off-the-wall problem you may come across!

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I use Audacity all the time. The tool I use the most, and probably only use really, is the noise reduction. It gets rid of background noise so you don't have a hiss instead of complete silence. If your audio is somehow too deep or too high pitched, you can use the equalization. Other than that, I feel that everything else is there just to play with if you feel like it. Which I encourage you to do. It's goo to play around with these things. Might give you some new ideas or help you with a unique, off-the-wall problem you may come across!

Really great advice! :)

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User
I used it when I started out. After I got a better mic I didn't needed the noise reduction function because it doesn't pick up any noise anymore. The plugins I use now in my editer are Waves L2, Waves Compressor (sometimes) and the plugins which are in sony vegas itself like a pitch shifter. But I used the normaliser a lot when I used audacity. Very helpful :)

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I used it when I started out. After I got a better mic I didn't needed the noise reduction function because it doesn't pick up any noise anymore. The plugins I use now in my editer are Waves L2, Waves Compressor (sometimes) and the plugins which are in sony vegas itself like a pitch shifter. But I used the normaliser a lot when I used audacity. Very helpful :)
What editor do you use?

Also, on a side note, you're ahead of me by like, 12 subscribers!! Nice! (The number shown is wrong as there are 6 "fake accounts" subscribed to me made by 1 person -.- I'm not happy about it honestly)

Reactions: ShuriBear

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User
What editor do you use?

Also, on a side note, you're ahead of me by like, 12 subscribers!! Nice! (The number shown is wrong as there are 6 "fake accounts" subscribed to me made by 1 person -.- I'm not happy about it honestly)

I use Sony Vegas Pro 13 atm. Waves are seperate plugins though. It's like the toptier in the music industry, but I use these plugins for years so I know how they work. :p

TechRage

TubeBuddy Pro
Do you guys record directly to audacity or load an audio file that's been recorded else where?

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Do you guys record directly to audacity or load an audio file that's been recorded else where?
I have done both, depending on my needs. If I record from my phone, sometimes I might just use the microphone and Audacity, especially if my phone will be too far away to hear me properly.