• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Sub4sub is wrong?Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilisitina Oloitoa

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
im a youtube newbie, and have that eager to grow my channel. so to be honest I have been doing that sub4sub. but reading this community thoughts about it, man I gotta say I am so lost

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
im a youtube newbie, and have that eager to grow my channel. so to be honest I have been doing that sub4sub. but reading this community thoughts about it, man I gotta say I am so lost
It is a complete lose/lose situation. If YT catches you doing it - your channel gets deleted. If you get away with it - you have a bunch of nonwatching subscribers. The algorithm will see that even your subscribers do not care enough to watch your vids.

TubeBuddy is a good SEO tool to help you get noticed. It is not a magic bullet and will take work, but it can work.

There is nothing to be lost about. Just do not do sub4sub. Do not get involved in any of the subs or views scams out there. Make quality videos, and build your community. It may take a while (sometimes a long while) but that is the only dependable way to grow a channel.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Just looking at your channel, man, you have some real skill in the home improvement niche. There's a guy, Paul Peck Dry Wall, who just hit 195k subs. He got started just like you right here on TubeBuddy. Honestly I'd go talk to him, watch his videos and pick his brain. Look at how he does his videos. See if you can implement some of those things.

Not to toot my on horn, but I took my dad woodworking tool and started making fishing floats and handline reels, and I'm almost at 10k subs. I got started the same way. Just been hammering out videos over the years, getting better. Now that I'm at 10k subs, now will have to start thinking about how to scale to 100k. Took me seven years just to get to 10k.

• Love

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Don't do it any more, and keep pushing on doing the things the right way. YouTube will end up dropping some of those subscriptions from your channel (so be ready for that). And you are never going to get a perfect 100% conversion rate for subscribers. So just take this as a lesson learned and don't do it any more. However many sub4sub subscriptions you currently have it isn't an insurmountable number yet.

• Love
Reactions: Kilisitina Oloitoa

Kilisitina Oloitoa

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Don't do it any more, and keep pushing on doing the things the right way. YouTube will end up dropping some of those subscriptions from your channel (so be ready for that). And you are never going to get a perfect 100% conversion rate for subscribers. So just take this as a lesson learned and don't do it any more. However many sub4sub subscriptions you currently have it isn't an insurmountable number yet.

absolutely true,

I have been seen my subs dropping and its frustrating lol

Lesson learned and it is time for my butt to start working

Thanks heaps

Appreciate it

• Love

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
Trying to increase your engagement or metrics artificially is a violation of YouTube's Terms of Service.

By YouTube's own definition:

If you're posting content
DonΓÇÖt post content on YouTube if it fits any of the descriptions noted below.

• Links to or promotes third-party services that artificially inflate metrics like views, likes, and subscribers
  • Content linking to or promoting third-party view count or subscriber gaming websites or services
  • Offering to subscribe to another creatorΓÇÖs channel only if they subscribe to your channel (ΓÇ£sub4subΓÇ¥)
    • Note: You're allowed to encourage viewers to subscribe, hit the like button, share, or leave a comment
  • Content featuring a creator purchasing their views from a third party with the intent of promoting the service
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Keep in mind that this isn't a complete list.

YouTube doesnΓÇÖt allow anything that artificially increases the number of views, likes, comments, or other metrics either by using automatic systems or serving up videos to unsuspecting viewers. Also, content that solely exists to incentivize viewers for engagement (views, likes, comments, etc) is prohibited.

Content and channels that don't follow this policy may be terminated and removed from YouTube.

Important: If you hire someone to promote your channel, their decisions may impact your channel. Any method that violates our policies may result in content removal or a channel takedown, whether it's an action taken by you or someone you've hired.

Long story short, it's against TOS and can get your channel taken down. Don't do it.

• Love
Reactions: Meds and Damon
Status
Not open for further replies.