• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Not getting enough views

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ItΓÇÖs been almost 3 years since I started my channel. At first I was getting many views but now I am not being able to get enough views. I think I make good videos, but I want othersΓÇÖ viewpoint regarding my channel - Is my videos not good enough or interesting to engage more viewers. What should I do?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
This is odd given the views of your other videos. I could be wrong, but it could be a weird algorithm thing where YouTube maybe throttling your channel just to see if people will still watch your content without them "pushing" it.

I'm not sure where on the planet your are, but here in the northern hemisphere most channels are starting to experience the summer slump. People are on vacation, traveling for the first time in a year because of all the craziness.

Also, have you tried asking your audience what kinds of videos they want to see via the survey on the community tab? It could be that your audience wants to see something different.

Last edited:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ItΓÇÖs been almost 3 years since I started my channel. At first I was getting many views but now I am not being able to get enough views. I think I make good videos, but I want othersΓÇÖ viewpoint regarding my channel - Is my videos not good enough or interesting to engage more viewers. What should I do?

If you want your channel reviewed to get others opinions I would suggest using the YouTube Feedback section. It's better suited for these kinds for questions.

SherrieTalks

I'm only New but this is what I did Pick a topic uou are really passionate about and LOVE -Immerse yourself in learning - everything u can about YOU TUBE - try changing thumbnails. Experiment (USE TB lol) = have fun with it but firstly decide WHY ? you want to have a channel? Who? it will benefit?

OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is odd given the views of your other videos. I could be wrong, but it could be a weird algorithm thing where YouTube maybe throttling your channel just to see if people will still watch your content without them "pushing" it.

I'm not sure where on the planet your are, but here in the northern hemisphere most channels are starting to experience the summer slumb. People are on vacation, traveling for the first time in a year because of all the craziness.

Also, have you tried asking your audience what kinds of videos they want to see via the survey on the community tab? It could be that your audience want to see something different.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If you want your channel reviewed to get others opinions I would suggest using the YouTube Feedback section. It's better suited for these kinds for questions.
I tried to use the feedback section. I have read the rules and I have already given feedback to others feedback threads. My feedbacks have been approved but I couldnΓÇÖt post thread asking for feedback. ItΓÇÖs saying you donΓÇÖt have permission to do this. I donΓÇÖt know why and where I have gone wrong.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I tried to use the feedback section. I have read the rules and I have already given feedback to others feedback threads. My feedbacks have been approved but I couldnΓÇÖt post thread asking for feedback. ItΓÇÖs saying you donΓÇÖt have permission to do this. I donΓÇÖt know why and where I have gone wrong.
You shouldn't have any issues posting a feedback request.

• Love
Reactions: Sumi Kakati

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is a unique issue... I've never seen this occur before. As Damon said it appears as though you are being throttled for some reason. No idea what that could be, but it is pretty apparent. Would you mind posting a picture of your Lifetime Views from your YouTube Studio... I would like to see if there is anything specific that caused them to begin dropping.

OP
OP
Sumi Kakati

Sumi Kakati

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is a unique issue... I've never seen this occur before. As Damon said it appears as though you are being throttled for some reason. No idea what that could be, but it is pretty apparent. Would you mind posting a picture of your Lifetime Views from your YouTube Studio... I would like to see if there is anything specific that caused them to begin dropping.
228D2F0A-0C86-4BB9-86DD-389454E7ACC1.jpeg

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, so it looks like something happened in early 2020 that blocked the flow of traffic. I imagine you had a single video which was the driving force behind the majority of your views and it fizzled or was replaced in suggested by a different video. Strongly-Sugested videos typically have a lifespan of about 2 years before they start to fizzle out, and this aligns with the large spike you had in 2019. Can I assume that was one or two videos which popped at that time?

If I am correct the solution is simply to keep on pushing. You need to find that next channel-driver video; make that next viral hit that pushes your channel back into the stratosphere.

"Great songs are never written... they are only re-written."

Reactions: JM Artist

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I checked your channel and one of your videos. Your channel and videos are good, you have your niche and a pretty big subscriber base as well.
You have a lot of subscribers but unfortunately not so much viewers on your latest videos and interaction as well (likes & comments)

Focus on the following:
- encourage your viewers to press that like button and comment
- analyse the retention time on your videos, is there a moment here most viewers just disappear. (more at this official google documentation: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9314415?hl=en)
Ask yourself the following:
- is there something you can do to improve watch time, retention time?

As for SEO matters first video i watched:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lyU08xC8wc

You have a longtail keyword: Hot air balloon, which is mentioned 3x in your title. you can include more keywords by mentioning it once and find other relevant keywords using the TubeBuddy tool.
Sometimes I also check out the competition so type in the keywords where I want to be found, check out the length of the video, tags, description. Then I ask how to improve on this for the audience.

Good luck!