• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How often do you think a person should post video content? Detailed content.:

AndreGlenn

I spend a lot of time preparing, scripting, recording and editing my videos. I have a full time and IΓÇÖm running a business. I decided to throw YouTube on top of that. I would like to hit on a week. I have already started to make money on YouTube without being monetized.
Please tap in people.

OP
OP
AndreGlenn

AndreGlenn

If you don't mind me asking, how are you making money with monetizing?
Affiliate marketing. When you have enough videos for companies to understand you have a niche and a growing audience reach out to them. Amazon is also a good partner program. My best advice is stick to one topic or subject and understand the people that subscribe to you want to see that only. In most cases. When you make videos about a product. You turn into an advocate and help desk for the product. If a company can see how people ask where can I get that from? They can either help you direct traffic or not. It doesnΓÇÖt really hurt them. WhatΓÇÖs the worst that can happen. You just have to be as accurate as possible when talking about products and serious. When they see that. I donΓÇÖt think they mind. I plan on being loyal to the company I work with, but I wonΓÇÖt lie about the product.

OP
OP
AndreGlenn

AndreGlenn

Unless you're doing affiliate marketing, selling courses, doing other types of income streams on your channel... YouTube wouldn't be paying you, without being a part of the YPP... if you have ads being run on your channel.. . this revenue goes to YouTube.
Yes, ItΓÇÖs affiliate marketing. I think YouTube money would be great, but, that was never the ultimate goal. If you want to make YouTube videos full time I donΓÇÖt think it pays a lot. I think people that get a million views only get a small check con-paired to the work associated. I know it all depends on your viewer average buying power (age etc.). No, I have started to work with companies. Check out SHELBY CHURCHΓÇÖs THis is how much youtube paid me for my 1,000,000,000 viewed video.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Well said sir. I started Affiliate Marketing (among other things) at about the 250 subscriber mark. Take note of this anyone looking to make money. I don't like to disclose this sort of info but for the purposes of this article I will; I hit 1,000 subscribers in exactly one year... and in that year I was able to collect right at about $5,000 worth of affiliate commissions, Patreon money, goods and payment for services. If you want to make money the first thing you need to do is make YouTube's adsense your least performing revenue source. Pound for pound adsense is nonsense.

In regards to your posting schedule that is really up to you. Some channels do fine posting twice a month (see Dude Perfect and Lucas the Spider). The 'Algorithm' operates with intervals of 1 hour, 24 hours, 72 hours, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 90 days and some other tiers past that (there may be others, these are just a few that you will see pop up in your own analytics from time to time). So each one of these stands as a cycle where YT sort of 'moves' your video into a different category of discovery. They serve you out to a different audience with a different set of demographics at each stage, often times dropping the amount of impressions that you get with each. So obviously posting a video once per hour is ideal.

If you want to be realistic though the most significant drop-off in impressions typically occurs after 72 hours and after 7 days. So if you are trying to post content to this schedule twice per week is ideal, once per week is totally fine. Before you commit to any sort of schedule understand that these cycles are merely for discovery... as long as your audience is comfortable with your content schedule you are fine. Mental health and focusing on making great content is far superior than worrying about getting a video out before YouTube drops the number of impressions are you are going to get on your previous video.

EV Nick

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
agree with everyone i make more on affiliate a month than AdSense has in 4 years. Unless your hitting 3/4million views a month adsense is just a top up

Reactions: AndreGlenn
OP
OP
AndreGlenn

AndreGlenn

Tha
Well said sir. I started Affiliate Marketing (among other things) at about the 250 subscriber mark. Take note of this anyone looking to make money. I don't like to disclose this sort of info but for the purposes of this article I will; I hit 1,000 subscribers in exactly one year... and in that year I was able to collect right at about $5,000 worth of affiliate commissions, Patreon money, goods and payment for services. If you want to make money the first thing you need to do is make YouTube's adsense your least performing revenue source. Pound for pound adsense is nonsense.

In regards to your posting schedule that is really up to you. Some channels do fine posting twice a month (see Dude Perfect and Lucas the Spider). The 'Algorithm' operates with intervals of 1 hour, 24 hours, 72 hours, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 90 days and some other tiers past that (there may be others, these are just a few that you will see pop up in your own analytics from time to time). So each one of these stands as a cycle where YT sort of 'moves' your video into a different category of discovery. They serve you out to a different audience with a different set of demographics at each stage, often times dropping the amount of impressions that you get with each. So obviously posting a video once per hour is ideal.

If you want to be realistic though the most significant drop-off in impressions typically occurs after 72 hours and after 7 days. So if you are trying to post content to this schedule twice per week is ideal, once per week is totally fine. Before you commit to any sort of schedule understand that these cycles are merely for discovery... as long as your audience is comfortable with your content schedule you are fine. Mental health and focusing on making great content is far superior than worrying about getting a video out before YouTube drops the number of impressions are you are going to get on your previous video.
That was great information!! I have done a lot of research and I have never seen anyone explain YTΓÇÖs algorithm so effectively. I have heard the YouTube creators channel speak about the first 72 hours. I have also noticed movement from non subscribers and non searched content after the first 7 days. I think thatΓÇÖs a great thing that youΓÇÖre able to make money as well at 250 subscribers! IΓÇÖm juggling so much that I donΓÇÖt want to have slow movement on my channel due to not posting twice a week or even once a week, but, I much rather put the best video I can out. I have a lot to learn. I donΓÇÖt think the learning part will ever stop either, however, I know some great content creators like (potato jet) can spend 30 hours editing a 8-15 minute video. Quality is more important than quantity to me. I try to make each video 1% better then the last. So IΓÇÖm not trying to build the Taj Mahal. IΓÇÖll work on sound, b roll, presentation, pace etc.

Thanks for the good information!!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I've played with quantity and quality. Last summer I was able to put out consistent, quality videos twice per week and man my channel performance was humming. Over the winter I had a difficult time getting good videos out, but I was able to maintain a twice per week schedule. My performance reflected as much. Quality is definitely better. My first video was one of my best and I owe my 4k watch hours and 1,000 subscribers to that video alone.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Going to throw out one more thing that I feel most people overlook. People get caught up in the "modality" of how they deliver their content. YouTube is one modality. There are lots of others out there.

I create intellectual property for the technology industry. My YouTube channel is a outlet for a small subset of that content. For the core content I build, I (1) sell it to companies, (2) provide advisory services and training on the content, (3) license it to other consultants to use with their customers, and (4) do mentoring and coaching. The trick - all of this uses the same core content, I just deliver it in lots of different ways. That's what I mean by modality. The means of delivery is the modality. Many people confuse the content with the modality. That's a rookie mistake.

Last year, the (2) part of my business took off due to COVID. Lots of people wanting to do a lot of remote work. I also saw an increase in (3) and (4).

My YouTube affiliate revenue is a rounding error to everything else I do.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I spend a lot of time preparing, scripting, recording and editing my videos. I have a full time and IΓÇÖm running a business. I decided to throw YouTube on top of that. I would like to hit on a week. I have already started to make money on YouTube without being monetized.
Please tap in people.

I am in the same boat and following along, although youtube is not a full-time game for me but just another stream of revenue, eventually. Following along to see what others think.

Bobby Borg

Hi, an I wrong to say this, but to my understanding, the more videos you make that people do not respond to, the more YouTube will believe your content is NOT relevant to the people it spits it out to? So the number of videos is not so much the issue, as trying to figure out how to make better videos. I watch the dips in the analytic performance and try to figure out what I did wrong (for instance, intro or outro too long, lengthy unneeded explanations, etc.). One good video a week is better than two okay videos per week. Thoughts?

Gideon kolawole

Subscriber Goal
Hi, an I wrong to say this, but to my understanding, the more videos you make that people do not respond to, the more YouTube will believe your content is NOT relevant to the people it spits it out to? So the number of videos is not so much the issue, as trying to figure out how to make better videos. I watch the dips in the analytic performance and try to figure out what I did wrong (for instance, intro or outro too long, lengthy unneeded explanations, etc.). One good video a week is better than two okay videos per week. Thoughts?
You are right, but there are some people like me who do not have good equipments or good background.
to my understanding it's also good to be consistent when. you don't have good equipments yet, just make sure that you are consistent so that your subscribers will feel closer to you and will be having expectations of your videos.

Ufri

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I uploaded 3 videos in 1 day, then YouTube gave me a warning that I uploaded too many uploads. And youtube recommends at least 1 video a week. I don't know whether it's true or not.

Apin89

Subscriber Goal

I agree and enlightened to the sharing that you provide,
in the end what we sell is our personal branding,
thank you

• Love
Reactions: AndreGlenn and Ufri

ANGELYN

Subscriber Goal
Unless you're doing affiliate marketing, selling courses, doing other types of income streams on your channel... YouTube wouldn't be paying you, without being a part of the YPP... if you have ads being run on your channel.. . this revenue goes to YouTube.
Thanks for the info

Akash Chakravarty

It all depends upon your channel category! If you have a Tech or News Channel you have to upload Daily! But if you have a Comedy or Vines channel you can upload it anytime alternate or once a week too.