• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Feedback on Thumbnail Please

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi TubeBuddies,

Any feedback on my thumbnail would be great, usual - colors/readability/understandability/eye-catching etc...

best budget microphone for youtubers 2021.png

Thanks in advance, Patrick :):heart:

Reactions: rere zy

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think this looks good. If it was me personally, I'd go with it and pay attention to CTR. It's legible, I get the topic and the colors are fine.

One thing I might consider is searching your keyword in incognito to see what your competitions thumbnails look like. The only place I could see a potential issue is that many tech videos use a similar thumbnail style, so check and see if yours would "stand out" next to others going after the same keyword.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow I think that is pretty enticing!!! I think it stands out (the colours help) and it is so clear what the video is about!

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
I think this looks good. If it was me personally, I'd go with it and pay attention to CTR. It's legible, I get the topic and the colors are fine.

One thing I might consider is searching your keyword in incognito to see what your competitions thumbnails look like. The only place I could see a potential issue is that many tech videos use a similar thumbnail style, so check and see if yours would "stand out" next to others going after the same keyword.

Good advice, thanks Slithw. More research needed and always trying to improve 1 video at a time!

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow I think that is pretty enticing!!! I think it stands out (the colours help) and it is so clear what the video is about!

Thanks for the feedback Kindred, this is now out there, was pretty nervous on breaking the ice but realize now that it's just the start and need to add a lot more content.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Very professional looking thumbnail. I would leave it as is.

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
This caught my attention right away. It is clear especially for persons like me who can't see well. you're doing great, keep at it. I can understand exactly what it means.

Thanks LFH for the feedback and an incredibly important point you bring up, glad to hear that it's legible and understandable.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It looks professionally made, but you've put a heavy emphesis on the text, when the mic it'self should be the star of the show.
You can afford to reduce the text down, I'd reduce the whole text group down by 75% and enlarge the mic by75%

2021 will be redundent in a few months, and this video could have evergreen potential as people will still be wanting cheap mics in the future. You could afford to lose the 2021 on the thumb, and that will give you room to enlarge the mic a lot more without necessarily sacrificing the size of the text.

Overall I really like the overall design, you just need to work on hierarchy.

oh yeah, and doing so will mean we'll lose your eyes, but we don't need your eyes in that thumb, the audience won't care if there's eyes in the thumb, they care that the focus is on the mic.

MrMisterXXL

It looks very good, because it┬┤s very clean. I like the white border of the mic, because it has a nice glow. Also the text is very simple, it looks very good.
But I would give you 2 suggesttions:
1. Reduce the size of the text with the boxes
2. Increase the size of the mic with the border