• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Channel Art Updated - Feedback pls

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi TB Nation,

LiftoffVideo YouTube Banner v28.png

LiftoffVideo YouTube Banner v29.png

Top image A is my current YouTube channel art.
Bottom image B is my revised version.

Feel that my channel art is too flat in version A so in B i have added a drop shadow to the channel name and
added the light blue to the letter outline. Change coloring for the tag line and tidied up the added info.

I will be adding a photo image of myself using/holding some audio/video gear to the left of the logo leaving
the right space for any added stuff like social or subscribe etc - thoughts?

Thanks, Patrick

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply, this is for my channel banner so the text is quite a bit bigger, the image you are seeing will be the viewed image on tv.

Drop on to my channel - no videos YET and you'll get a better idea.

Thanks, Patrick

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
How about in between? I think the work you did to the right side text really improved legibility. But the changes to the "liftoff video" part reduced the legibility. The blue stroke is what is hurting it IMHO.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So far I prefer the bottom as I agree with the "flat" statement. I think adding some texture/pattern to the blue background can help things as a gradient it'self doesn't do much to make things less stale.
I really like the logo, but my concern is using the logo AS the V, turnes LiFTOFF ViDEO insto. "LiFTOFF iDEO"

I also don't understand why the i's are the only letters not capitalised in the title, it makes it a little confusing to read.

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
So far I prefer the bottom as I agree with the "flat" statement. I think adding some texture/pattern to the blue background can help things as a gradient it'self doesn't do much to make things less stale.
I really like the logo, but my concern is using the logo AS the V, turnes LiFTOFF ViDEO insto. "LiFTOFF iDEO"

I also don't understand why the i's are the only letters not capitalised in the title, it makes it a little confusing to read.

Thanks Beanie, had thought about all of your comments, really appreciate the feedback.

Maybe trying too hard to incorporate the logo into my channel title so will revisit.

Had thought of using a textural image as well, have a couple of thoughts so will update and repost, also will change (back) the lowercase i (yep already had it as upper doh

Thanks, Patrick

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Awesome looking thumbnail! However, I recommend enlarging everything in your thumbnail. On my computer screen it was hard to make out the small text. Let alone imagine when viewed on a mobile phone. Besides that you got it man!

Thanks HenryBR, probably my fault but the images are for my youtube channel art at full tv display, if you drop onto my channel and have a look you'll see what I mean - but no videos YET...

Thanks, Patrick

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thanks HenryBR, probably my fault but the images are for my youtube channel art at full tv display, if you drop onto my channel and have a look you'll see what I mean - but no videos YET...

Thanks, Patrick
My mistake, in that case if it's for your channel's banner you got it! That being said, if I were to go with either one. I'd definitely go with the second banner art. Great Job.

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi TB Nation,

Taken a few comments on board so here's a couple of new variants...

LiftoffVideo YouTube Banner v30.png

LiftoffVideo YouTube Banner v31.png

This is for my YouTube banner art (channel art)

Thoughts?

Thanks, Patrick

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Could be my old eyes but the red of ΓÇ£weeklyΓÇ¥ is harder to read than the rest of the text

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks DrScottBland, agreed never been completely happy with my extra details and the tagline text color and underline - any ideas?

Thanks, Patrick

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks DrScottBland, agreed never been completely happy with my extra details and the tagline text color and underline - any ideas?

Thanks, Patrick
Just went to see it on my mobile browser, admittedly I donΓÇÖt know what a tut is. Might consider making that blue box larger so it aligned with the size of the text to the left. That will give you more room to increase text size in the box