• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to Grow to 100,000 Subscribers

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You plan on producing your music on Bandcamp or Soundcloud?
I am not sure... what would you suggest? I'm new to the online music production scene and would absolutely love/appreciate any insight or advice you have for me.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I using Bandcamp. It's somewhat link YouTube, but allows you to make money directly from the sale of your music. I let people listens to the music for free, but choose to sell a licence where they can use the music in their videos via Creative Commons. I produced three albums last year, now I plan to move toward an annual album. That way I can release music through out the year on one album. Using the album itself as a kind of playlist.

I don't have any experience with Soundcloud.

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I using Bandcamp. It's somewhat link YouTube, but allows you to make money directly from the sale of your music. I let people listens to the music for free, but choose to sell a licence where they can use the music in their videos via Creative Commons. I produced three albums last year, now I plan to move toward an annual album. That way I can release music through out the year on one album. Using the album itself as a kind of playlist.

I don't have any experience with Soundcloud.
Man that is interesting, I really appreciate that insight. I do like the idea of being able to share via creative commons and licensing it out. I assume that is you music you use in your videos?

Reactions: Damon

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I feel like I've learnt sooooo much in my journey so far and this is just the beginning - I'm not saying that if you have 100000 you stop learning but maybe a different type of learning ?

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I feel like I've learnt sooooo much in my journey so far and this is just the beginning - I'm not saying that if you have 100000 you stop learning but maybe a different type of learning ?
You definitely start going in a different direction. You probably are far more habitual in your schedule and process. Of course you are going to spend more time planning integrations and fulfilling sponsorship requirements into your video and you'll be cherry-picking the comments that you respond to. You only have so much time in your day, so you have to weight the value of one thing versus another while scripting, promoting, filming, reviewing your videos etc.