• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question What would you buy if....

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would buy a microphone, a new camera since mine is 8 years old and if I had money left I might buy a new computer.

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
Our next requirements are a green screen setup, and a second pc to handle recording. Might even have some spare change left from $2k.

MagicFlyinPotato

If you had a budget of $2000 what would bit of gear would you buy first, or what bit of gear would you upgrade and why?
Can also be multiple bits of gear. Just curious what people would and wouldn't get.

Before getting ready to leave Germany in April I dropped $2000 on a new gaming PC. Without that I would have been dead in the water for my channel until my household goods arrived to the States. Plus my old PC was, well, Old.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I will probably be alone in this. For most people, I tend to think a full-blown camera is overkill and disproportionate use of a $2,000 budget. There are so many things to make your life easier. Having a complicated camera is not one of them although people love the aesthetics. I would splurge on an iPhone probably for the video quality but keep the portability. I would entertain a GoPro if I was willing to burn some money.

I would start with a great Microphone, a nice comfortable chair, a big monitor, a full desktop PC for good bang for buck for editing & rendering video (NOT a laptop), an easy to use video editor, a thumbnail creator tool like Canva, some ring lights, perhaps a nice set of room lights. $2,000 is a huge budget to "get started."

Manmeet Sawhney

TubeBuddy User
First you should buy a good tripod and an editing software...use filmora its cheap and can rub on old bad pcs also
for tripod i recommend using simptex 255/225

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
New Samsung Galaxy phone. For couple Vlog-tic channel like us, mobile camera is the best gear ever. We are making our contents mostly with Galaxy Note10+(max 4K) and Galaxy S21+(max 8K)