• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Research Experience with YT Shorts

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
hi, ive just uploaded my first short and am rather intrigued by this format. you mentioned the high retention %... do you have any idea what would classify as a good retention % for this type of content?
No... and neither does anybody else. It seems like YouTube is playing with various elements of their pre-existing Search and Discovery systems. So the key is going to be a combination of Watchtime, View Duration and Click Through Rate. That having been said I've seen videos with 48% retention hit the shelf and I've seen videos with far better never even hit the shelf. It's a total roll of the dice.

Jamie@PumpkinFreak

www.pumpkinfreak.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
@Stanley Orchard i found an interesting analytics panel that appears to show relative audience retention compared to all youtube shorts of a similar size - screen shot below, so im guessing video lenghth also plays a part - so potentally a 50second video with 60% would be good, but a 20s video with 200% would be bad.

i really like this format, i picked up a few subscribers of the first Short so will definatly test more out

1612798842916.png

Damoforce

TubeBuddy Pro
I just tried my first short. Nothing special in views. But easier content to make when struggling to film something big.

Thanks Stanley Orchard for those tips and info too!!