• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback I'm fixing thumbnails on videos that aren't doing so great. Here is a before/after of some thumbnail work I just fixed up. How is it looking?

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Before: YouTube Thumbnail (3).png
After: The SimsΓäó 4 1_23_2021 8_33_51 PM (3).png

Reactions: RocketFuel

VenGame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I really like how the text is in bold and has the same type of text theme as the sims 4 text Everything looks crisp

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
The christmas lights are cool in the first one but legibility is king I believe. Must be very easy to read at a glance as that is all were doing. Glancing at all those thumbnails and judging the book by its cover.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It's always fun to look back on work like this. There was nothing wrong with the original... but you obviously grew and improved in the time since the first thumbnail. A couple very minor changes make a noticeable impact on the thumbnail's presentation. I wish we could have CTR info to go with the pics. Well done ma'am, keep up the great work!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I definitely like the second one more. it's brighter and gives more of a "Cheerful" vibe, and much easier to read text.
What kind of CTR are you getting since the update?

SaraSmilez

Subscriber Goal
I agree the 2nd one was a big improvement. Funny how it can take so much time figuring out these thumbnails. I like to go through and see the change in how a channels thumbnails evolve. ItΓÇÖs almost like a growing up process. If thatΓÇÖs true.... IΓÇÖm still in diapers. Nice job!
Love your comments and interaction here. If I see a thread you are on I pay more attention cuz I like what you bring!

Halftoon_Gaming

Could you update on whether its given the video a boost since changing it? I like the 2nd one more, but the proof is in the pudding I suppose

GoHa

Subscriber Goal
Ich finde 2-tes Bild besser. Zweites Bild ist angenehmer wegen Stimmung und weniger Kontrast. Es passt zu Weihnachtsstimmung besser.

Last edited:

Lidia S

www.incomingsuccess.com
Subscriber Goal
I honestly think both are very eye-catching! The first one is expressing more movement, so it's still a really good thumbnail. What I love about the second one though are the colors that are shining through and the fact that they match so well together.