• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice I'm using recommended tags but I am still not ranking high in search.

Chloe Marie Aston

Hi I'm a singer and I post covers on YouTube. I am using keywords and tags recommended by TubeBuddy but my videos are still not ranking in search. Is there any further steps I should be taking to ensure that my videos are coming up in search?

OP
OP
C

Chloe Marie Aston

I used some recommended tags that TubeBuddy gave me that were relevent to my video. Are these more effective when the number is higher? I use the keyword explorer to see what songs people are looking for.

• Love
Reactions: CXC777

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure if you already do this but you could try doing hashtags in your description box :)

Reactions: cmarieyoutuber

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I used some recommended tags that TubeBuddy gave me that were relevent to my video. Are these more effective when the number is higher? I use the keyword explorer to see what songs people are looking for.

Na, forget the recommended keywords. Those are just guides. You need to find actual "custom" keyword phrases that rank high for your niche. It isn't a matter of copy-paste a bunch of recommended keywords, then expect to rank high. The recommended keywords are just a starting point at best. You'll have to dig deeply to find to golden nuggets that will fit your niche and where you can rank via weighted keywords.

If you just rely on the recommended keywords, you will rarely find anything where you can rank. This is where learning your audience comes into play. The way they words things maybe be different that how the recommended keyword thing is spits them out. Your sub-niche may have even different terms for the same thing. For instance in fishing we don't call them spotted bass, they're just spots. The recommended keyword thing cannot accommodate for dialects, sociolects or idiolects.

Spend some time thinking of your your audience talks and start searching for those keyword phrases. Back to our bass example. In my part of the United States, we call spotted bass, Micropterus punctulatus, spots for short. I know my audience is made of a bunch of country boys like me. For example:

No one would type:
how to catch spotted bass.

Instead they'd type,
how do i catch some spots in swift water

Low and behold I found a very good keyword phrase that the recommended keyword thingy would ever spit out. True SEO, digging deep, and knowing my audience spits out good to excellent keywords most every time.

Last edited:

Jason Song

Na, forget the recommended keywords. Those are just guides. You need to find actual "custom" keyword phrases that rank high for your niche. It isn't a matter of copy-paste a bunch of recommended keywords, then expect to rank high. The recommended keywords are just a starting point at best. You'll have to dig deeply to find to golden nuggets that will fit your niche and where you can rank via weighted keywords.

If you just rely on the recommended keywords, you will rarely find anything where you can rank. This is where learning your audience comes into play. The way they words things maybe be different that how the recommended keyword thing is spits them out. Your sub-niche may have even different terms for the same thing. For instance in fishing we don't call them spotted bass, they're just spots. The recommended keyword thing cannot accommodate for dialects, sociolects or idiolects.

Spend some time thinking of your your audience talks and start searching for those keyword phrases. Back to our bass example. In my part of the United States, we call spotted bass, Micropterus punctulatus, spots for short. I know my audience is made of a bunch of country boys like me. For example:

No one would type:

Instead they'd type,

Low and behold I found a very good keyword phrase that the recommended keyword thingy would ever spit out. True SEO, digging deep, and knowing my audience spits out good to excellent keywords most every time.

I love this, I am saving this in my favorites.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If your doing things write. Being having awesome thumbnails that makes people want to click to your videos. Using titles that has great search results(suggest using the keyword explorer tool offered by TubeBuddy). In the desciption of each of your videos you have at least 200 words, that is relevant to the content in the video as well as the title of the video. etc... Than just give it time. The media tends to send a message that Channels will become instant hits within the first year, month, or even week. Sure we all want that, so that everyone can enjoy our content. But don't think yourself as part of those instant hit YouTube channels. Accept that it's going to be a hustle to your channel's content out there. And have patience.

Reactions: Balma Tech

Balma Tech

balmatech.net
Subscriber Goal
If your doing things write. Being having awesome thumbnails that makes people want to click to your videos. Using titles that has great search results(suggest using the keyword explorer tool offered by TubeBuddy). In the desciption of each of your videos you have at least 200 words, that is relevant to the content in the video as well as the title of the video. etc... Than just give it time. The media tends to send a message that Channels will become instant hits within the first year, month, or even week. Sure we all want that, so that everyone can enjoy our content. But don't think yourself as part of those instant hit YouTube channels. Accept that it's going to be a hustle to your channel's content out there. And have patience.
Thats true, my problem is that i change the style of my thumbnails a few times... but i know that i have best result now