• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Views have stopped

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hi all,

So basically, I didn't really want to touch on this as it's personal however I've had a few rude comments from people asking why I stopped posting after my first two videos. I uploaded two videos in 2020 but due to losing 2 family members then going into lockdown, I ended up in a bit of a dark place and had to take a year away from work etc so I never made any more videos.

It's been a year now and I've decided I do want to carry on with my channel, I posted a video last week and I have finally hit 1k views on my channel. But I seem to be stuck at 1k now. It's strange because my videos were going up by themselves and people seemed to be watching but all of a sudden it has stopped?

I don't understand. I don't know what I can do to get my views back up. I am not yet ready to share my channel to social media as I'd like to wait until I have better content. I don't want people making me feel like I'm not very good or putting me off doing YouTube as this is something I enjoy, I suffer badly with anxiety and doing YouTube is something I've wanted to do for a long time but have only just plucked up the courage to do.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can up my views a little more then please let me know. I will be posting 2 new videos in the next few days and I'm going to draft up a little schedule to get me on track and motivate me.

Thanks guys, I appreciate you all :grinning: :heart:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Watch the video below. It specifically talks about time away and the long term impact (hint - it doesn't have long-term impact) on your channel. Just keep publishing and don't worry about views yet.

team 2 gils

I would recommend just keep posting content and the views will start happening. I am not an expert at all but I see all sorts of strange things going on with my site when I did not change anything. Think it is just timing, folks are busy, something else is going on, or what have you. Next thing you know things are back to normal and clicking along great.

Reactions: Laurenk
OP
OP
Laurenk

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Watch the video below. It specifically talks about time away and the long term impact (hint - it doesn't have long-term impact) on your channel. Just keep publishing and don't worry about views yet.

Yay thanks so much for replying. I'll watch this now, thank you :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I would recommend just keep posting content and the views will start happening. I am not an expert at all but I see all sorts of strange things going on with my site when I did not change anything. Think it is just timing, folks are busy, something else is going on, or what have you. Next thing you know things are back to normal and clicking along great.

Thank you so much for responding to my thread, it means a lot!

Yeah you are so right. I think I'm worrying too much, plus I've only posted 1 video since being away so I can't really expect much yet.

Thank you for your great advice :innocent: And I wish you the best of luck with your channel, you're smashing it!:grinning:

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It's been a year now and I've decided I do want to carry on with my channel, I posted a video last week and I have finally hit 1k views on my channel. But I seem to be stuck at 1k now. It's strange because my videos were going up by themselves and people seemed to be watching but all of a sudden it has stopped?

I don't understand. I don't know what I can do to get my views back up.

From what I can tell your videos are aimed towards your current viewers not to find new viewers. So it seems pretty normal that when you release that type of videos a part of your subscribers will watch them and then they stop getting views.

You only have 3 videos right now outside of your channel intro. And one of them is a welcome to my channel video and two are q&a. To get more videos you should start making videos that new people will actually find. A get to know me video can be great for current subscribers but people who don't know you wont be searching for "get to know Lauren K" and find your videos. Your q&a videos seems to bring up a lot of interesting topics that people may actually search for like beauty, make up tutorials, anxiety and bullying. Does are large enough topics for you to create 100 videos about each topic and they be formatted in a way that people actually search for.

Content is king, on YouTube where many channels have thousands of videos a channel with 4 videos is nothing. Each new video is a new way for people to find your channel so you really should focus on just producing content. Set a goal like 100 videos before the summer and try to make each new video better than your previous one. The views will follow.

Reactions: Damon

MrGoodhand

Your main focus right now is to keep publishing new videos, and to refine your skills at thumbnail creation & Editing techniques. Look once a month or so to get an idea of what videos worked, what techniques you used, and then refine those techniques into a video style of your own.

• Love

MrGoodhand

the traffic and momentum has stopped...but that doesn't mean you can't bring it back - start posting again and the view will come (I also took a 1-2yr hiatus, so I know)
Basically, this.

All you need to do is make videos that people look for. Look up "Search Analysis". Learn that skill, and you will generate traffic.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well I can point out a couple of reasons overall. 1, you only have 4 videos, so I wouldn't worry about views until you have at least 40-50 videos. I know folks go even as high as 100 videos, but once you have 40 or so videos, that's a solid gallery to start analysing overall.

2, I guess everyone is different, but I had people asking me why I wasn't posting. I took about 6 months off. I personally didn't find it rude, if anything, I found it to be a genuine question of concern that my audience had for me. I've gone through personal stuff that prevents me from uploading, so if anyone asks why I'm not posting, I just say that some personal things have been happening and that I'll be back soon and most of the time people are pretty understanding of that.

Then the last thing, you have 2 videos that are essentially channel trailers, then 2 get to know me videos. They've done pretty well, but if you want more views, you just have to make more content. That's essentially what it all boils down to. You can't get expect more views, without making content to be viewed, which is another reason why going back to the 40 videos is so important.

Also, the more videos you have, the more history you have and evergreen content for new viewers to binge watch, which will keep the cycle of views going. So don't stress too much about how long of a gap you've taken off, or how many views you're getting, it's how many videos people have to binge watch that will make the most impact.

Also audience retention graphs are important. Views are great and all, but that's only how many people clicked the video, how many people got to the end is another matter all together, so again, just focus on making great content.
And on a final note, I really like the style of your thumbnails, especially the ones that use white blocks to back the text, so your thumbnail game is on point from the beginning so you're off to a great start.