• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback GUYS! I need your feedback on this thumbnail for a video

Cool One

Subscriber Goal
I not the best artist or anything related to that because I literally learnt this myself. I upload mainly gaming videos and I would want to try and improve on this.

Attachments

• My-cousin,-his-friends-and-I-played-Among-Us...png
    My-cousin,-his-friends-and-I-played-Among-Us...png
    550.2 KB · Views: 163

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
Don't take me wrong. I used to make thumbails like this. I used to have my pic in it. But now i don't use my pic. You can have more information in that place. Try that.

Reactions: Cool One

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I assume you're using webcam footage for the thumbnail. The photo it'self isn't the worst in the world, but I would recommend adjusting your light placement. I'd learn about lighting. You don't have to spend much on lighting, you can get yourself a cheap desk light, or even a cheap usb ring light to put on the side so it doesn't give such uneven lighting. It actually looks like you're being lit by your monitor or laptop.

As for the characters, you can get rid of the "cool one" and then the one with the knife in it's head can be blown up MUCH larger. I'd go with a differant font for "wow" make it simpler text, and then with a bigger character in the left, the "wow" will have more impact.

OP
OP
Cool One

Cool One

Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the advice! At the moment, yes! I am TRYING to get some lighting equipment for my videos however, I do not have the money at the moment to be able to afford even cheap lighting. But I'll probably try and work things out and changing the fonts and the lighting as well as the text size!
Your guys are amazing!

Reactions: Simply Simmer

Simply Simmer

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the advice! At the moment, yes! I am TRYING to get some lighting equipment for my videos however, I do not have the money at the moment to be able to afford even cheap lighting. But I'll probably try and work things out and changing the fonts and the lighting as well as the text size!
Your guys are amazing!

Sometimes, going outside or going near a window on a sunny day can get great pictures too! My profile picture on here was taken with a cell phone and no lighting - I was just sitting by a window! Natural light can sometimes even look better than lamps/lighting equipment.

I agree with the others about the "wow" in the middle of the thumbnail. I'd either remove it completely, or make it bigger, bolder font. It's hard to tell what it says without zooming in on it. I like to use fonts like Anton or Impact - they're very clear and easy to see!

https://thumbsup.tv/ is a good link to use as well. You can upload your thumbnail to it and see how it looks across different sizes (depending on where your viewer is watching from.) This is an excellent tool to make sure that your font is legible and easy to read on various devices.

You got this!