• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How can I gain more views?

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering how I can gain more views. I'm a little aprehensive about sharing my videos on my social media at the moment as I'm a very anxious person and I don't like the thought of anybody I know trying to put me down or laughing at me whilst I'm just starting out. My close friends and family know about my channel but I don't want it on my socials until I feel 100% comfortable and ready. I will do it but when it's the right time.

In the meantime, how can I gain more viewers? and more subscribers? I don't want to beg for people to watch my videos, I'd like to know that people are watching me because they enjoy my content and like me as a person. But I also want to make people aware that I'm out there. Any tips or advice?

Thanks Everyone!

Lauren K :)

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If we skip the out side of YouTube stuff like social media, beaning active in relative forms and communities etc it boils down to this:

You need to look at YouTube as a search engine. To get views you want your videos to show up in a good position in the search results. To do that TubeBuddy is a start, but YouTube is a very competitive place and for a lot of topics you will find and insane amount of videos and a lot of them will be from larger more popular popular channels making it very hard to compete for the top spots.

It's most likely to be in the number 1 position for a search term that only 10 people search for each day than to be in the number 200 position for a search term that 1 million people search for each day.

Another obvious solution is to make more videos. If you get 100 views a video and you make one video a week, by starting making two videos a week you have doubled the amount of views your channel get each week. But it could actually be more than that since each new video is a new way for people to find your channel the growth could end up beaning larger since some of the new people a video brings to your channel may end up watching more videos on your channel and come back later. Some experts say that you shouldn't worry much about views and subscribers before you have a decent amount of videos since why would anyone subscribe to a channel with just a handful of videos?

Then of course you need really good quality content. It doesent matter much if people find your videos if they don't like them. You want videos that people watch for a long time (high audience retention) and that get a reaction out of them. Reactions could be a lot of different things like commenting, like, subscribe, brows your channel for more content, follow you on your social media, share your video on their social media etc. If YouTube notice that people seem to like you video chances are that YouTube will start promoting it by recommending it next to other videos giving you more views that way.

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Create compelling thumbnails to get the views and make videos that have a good quality/aren't boring. Once the views roll in, some may end up subscribing, but the key is to focus on 2 metrics; CTR (Click-through rate) and AVP (Average Percentage Viewed).

OP
OP
Laurenk

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
If we skip the out side of YouTube stuff like social media, beaning active in relative forms and communities etc it boils down to this:

You need to look at YouTube as a search engine. To get views you want your videos to show up in a good position in the search results. To do that TubeBuddy is a start, but YouTube is a very competitive place and for a lot of topics you will find and insane amount of videos and a lot of them will be from larger more popular popular channels making it very hard to compete for the top spots.

It's most likely to be in the number 1 position for a search term that only 10 people search for each day than to be in the number 200 position for a search term that 1 million people search for each day.

Another obvious solution is to make more videos. If you get 100 views a video and you make one video a week, by starting making two videos a week you have doubled the amount of views your channel get each week. But it could actually be more than that since each new video is a new way for people to find your channel the growth could end up beaning larger since some of the new people a video brings to your channel may end up watching more videos on your channel and come back later. Some experts say that you shouldn't worry much about views and subscribers before you have a decent amount of videos since why would anyone subscribe to a channel with just a handful of videos?

Then of course you need really good quality content. It doesent matter much if people find your videos if they don't like them. You want videos that people watch for a long time (high audience retention) and that get a reaction out of them. Reactions could be a lot of different things like commenting, like, subscribe, brows your channel for more content, follow you on your social media, share your video on their social media etc. If YouTube notice that people seem to like you video chances are that YouTube will start promoting it by recommending it next to other videos giving you more views that way.

I love your reply, that's so helpful!

You are so right. I have been thinking maybe shouldn't worry until I've got more videos out there as nobody is really aware I'm around yet but If I post videos more often I'll be upping my views, I never really thought about it like that. I'm gonna become much more consistent with the uploads.

You are such a big help, thank you for this reply!!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, it means a lot!

I'm going to be more consistent with my uploads and produce better quality videos and hope that people will notice me more. As my videos at the minute ate quite similar.

Thanks for all the replies, I love this forum! You're all so helpful, It's nice to have people you can go to :)

Reactions: taatahdi and Ater

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My tip that always works especially if it's a HUGE trending topic on Twitter is use the HT that is related to the video that is trending. Make a video out of it, give your own thoughts on it and you will get a TON of views, make sure that it is positive though.

cyberNet

TubeBuddy User
cisco365.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
That's the great question that I've been looking for the answer. Thank you for you ideas.
I've watched the videos and read some blogs from success people. Apart from great content, they also suggest using SEO (search engine optimization). I'm still learning it. I hope that is the right thing to do.

OP
OP
Laurenk

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
That's the great question that I've been looking for the answer. Thank you for you ideas.
I've watched the videos and read some blogs from success people. Apart from great content, they also suggest using SEO (search engine optimization). I'm still learning it. I hope that is the right thing to do.

Yes I agree with the whole SEO side of things. When I uploaded my first 2 videos in 2020, I had barely ANY views at all and I was worrying that I'd never even make it to 100. I posted a video this past week and I made sure my SEO was 100% and I added hashtags and made sure that my other two videos were SEO 100%, and now my views are nearly 1k!!!

I know 1k isn't much to most, but it's a huge milestone for me. I suffer from anxiety and I'm a very held back person when it comes to certain situations however I have wanted to do YouTube for a long long time so I decided to bite the bullet and I'm taking it serious.

Good luck with your channel, I'm sure you'll smash it! :grinning:

My tip that always works especially if it's a HUGE trending topic on Twitter is use the HT that is related to the video that is trending. Make a video out of it, give your own thoughts on it and you will get a TON of views, make sure that it is positive though.

Thanks Ian! That's a great idea. Good luck with your channel, looks as though you're doing amazing already!:grinning:

content is the best influencer. Best content videos can gain you get more subscribers.

You are so right. Thank you for responding :) good luck with your channel, I'm sure you'll do amazing :D

content is the best influencer. Best content videos can gain you get more subscribers.

You are so right. Thank you for responding :) good luck with your channel, I'm sure you'll do amazing :D

Thank you all for taking the time so respond to me. You are all so helpful and kind.

I'm feeling much more positive today as I'm about to hit 1k. I know it's a small milestone but to me its massive. It's showing me that I can do this and I will get where I want to be if I keep up the hard work. I have already started on my thumbnails for this week, that's what I've decided to do. When I am not making videos, I'm finding new ideas and making sure I have my thumbnails perfected, saves messing about and helps me to be more organised.

Good luck everyone. We're all gonna smash it

viunic

Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering how I can gain more views. I'm a little aprehensive about sharing my videos on my social media at the moment as I'm a very anxious person and I don't like the thought of anybody I know trying to put me down or laughing at me whilst I'm just starting out. My close friends and family know about my channel but I don't want it on my socials until I feel 100% comfortable and ready. I will do it but when it's the right time.

In the meantime, how can I gain more viewers? and more subscribers? I don't want to beg for people to watch my videos, I'd like to know that people are watching me because they enjoy my content and like me as a person. But I also want to make people aware that I'm out there. Any tips or advice?

Thanks Everyone!

first you have to choose a title that matches your video, and then you look for the appropriate keywords and make sure there is not too much competition.
then you put the tags in your video post, don't forget to fill in the complete description and also put the tags that you have made into it.
don't forget to insert hashtags in the description of at most 3 hashtags.
so a little input from me hope it is useful

Que29

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Everyone!

Beside SEO, I also use traditional method that works for me.
I usually leave a comment on new Youtuber videos and then they will watch my videos also :)

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Use keywords with not much competition, always have something new for every video, work hard, and be consistent.