• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Need Feedback on my video, If itΓÇÖs to long and if IΓÇÖm not enthusiastic enough.

Bretski

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Bretski
Title of thread: Need Feedback on my video, If itΓÇÖs to long and if IΓÇÖm not enthusiastic enough.
Self review: So I personally feel like my videos are good. But IΓÇÖm not getting that many views, and when I am itΓÇÖs only for like 2 minutes of my videos. Is my videos to long? I also wanna know if maybe in my video I donΓÇÖt sound enthusiastic enough and maybe that making it seem really boring? IΓÇÖm really shy to begin with so talking in a video is out of my comfort zone. Is my commentary okay or should I try harder to be more preppy? I really need all the advice I can get thank you so much!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/gcWTU3Ij0N8

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/36731/

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Your 15 second intro is way too long and kinda seems like every other gaming channel intro, I'd completely remove it. I love Jurassic World, but that first 15 seconds already killed it for me.

Your tags I think focus too much on the oculus, and jurassic world individually, making your tags too broad. I'd combine them more, "Jurassic World Oculus" "jurassic world aftermath occulus" (condisering the game is supposedly available to play without an oculus?)

Your voice doesn't seem to go with the very cliche intro, so Instead of that intro song thing, I'd use your most exciting part of your video in place of the intro instead, and cut just before the action so that you can lead into the episode.

On a thumbnail level, Jurassic World logo is going to be hidden by the timestamp, and it's only because I have an obsession with Jurassic World that I even know this is a jurassic world game, as a non jurassic fan, this might be a bit too generic monster looking of a thumbnail, so maybe either zoom on the raptor mouth, or find a differant frame so it's more obvious that it's a raptor rather than an open mouth that looks kinda generic monster looking, that way you can get more dinosaur fans interested as well.

I found myself getting a little bored by the 3 minute mark, there was a lot of room and just looking around as the story played out in audio ques, not sure how I'd spice it up visually, but from the way you talk, I'd try and do a bit more acting. It feels like you're just playing the game. I'd try and act like you're actually IN the situation, there needs to be some suspense and fear considering it's supposed to be a scary game, but I didn't get that kind of energy, and if I'm watching a playthrough of a suspenseful horror, I want to feel that suspense, but I wasn't feeling that. I think you need to hype up the fear a bit, even if it's faking it a bit.

I didn't even know the game was out, so yeah, change up your intro to be less cliche game intro, and more "Hi this is------ and in this episode of Jurassic World Aftermath we'll be ----- " you want to give an introduction to what's happening and lead in with some exciting game play because navigating rooms without any dinosaurs isn't very interesting.

If I wasn't reviewing this video, I wouldn't have made it past the intro music.

Reactions: Bretski

Geoskills

Subscriber Goal
I prefer to put he most exiting moment of my video at the beginning to give hints to viewers about what they should expect. Than followed by very short intro of max 5 secs. Thats my view as I like to watch those kind of videos

OP
OP
Bretski

Bretski

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your 15 second intro is way too long and kinda seems like every other gaming channel intro, I'd completely remove it. I love Jurassic World, but that first 15 seconds already killed it for me.

Your tags I think focus too much on the oculus, and jurassic world individually, making your tags too broad. I'd combine them more, "Jurassic World Oculus" "jurassic world aftermath occulus" (condisering the game is supposedly available to play without an oculus?)

Your voice doesn't seem to go with the very cliche intro, so Instead of that intro song thing, I'd use your most exciting part of your video in place of the intro instead, and cut just before the action so that you can lead into the episode.

On a thumbnail level, Jurassic World logo is going to be hidden by the timestamp, and it's only because I have an obsession with Jurassic World that I even know this is a jurassic world game, as a non jurassic fan, this might be a bit too generic monster looking of a thumbnail, so maybe either zoom on the raptor mouth, or find a differant frame so it's more obvious that it's a raptor rather than an open mouth that looks kinda generic monster looking, that way you can get more dinosaur fans interested as well.

I found myself getting a little bored by the 3 minute mark, there was a lot of room and just looking around as the story played out in audio ques, not sure how I'd spice it up visually, but from the way you talk, I'd try and do a bit more acting. It feels like you're just playing the game. I'd try and act like you're actually IN the situation, there needs to be some suspense and fear considering it's supposed to be a scary game, but I didn't get that kind of energy, and if I'm watching a playthrough of a suspenseful horror, I want to feel that suspense, but I wasn't feeling that. I think you need to hype up the fear a bit, even if it's faking it a bit.

I didn't even know the game was out, so yeah, change up your intro to be less cliche game intro, and more "Hi this is------ and in this episode of Jurassic World Aftermath we'll be ----- " you want to give an introduction to what's happening and lead in with some exciting game play because navigating rooms without any dinosaurs isn't very interesting.

If I wasn't reviewing this video, I wouldn't have made it past the intro music.
Thank you for your honesty! Seems like I have lots I have to work on.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm gonna agree with @Beanie Draws right there and it is like every gaming channel intro and I see that all time. However, there are some things you need to work on.

Like SEO for example, there should be better tags, better keyword research, and a highly optimized video description.

For me, I would agree with you and say that your voice is not enthusiastic enough, but I do understand how you feel. My suggestion for you is to improve your editing skills, SEO skills and that's all.

Reactions: Bretski