• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Keyword explorer - great keywords but what if my titel is longer than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
Hi all, i'm new to this as it's only my third day of trying to understand how the Keyword explorer works. I've gotten the 7 day trail by answering the survay and today i've used the keyword explorer a bunch. I've identified about 20 keyword phrases today that I would make videos for but I have a question.

The question goes like this: Ik have a keyword "My dishwasher is making a lot of noise" it has an excellent score of 89/100 with 131 million searches. So what should I use as the title of my video that I will make on this subject? I guess "My dishwasher is making a lot of noise" would do great? But what if I made the title "My dishwasher is making a lot of noise | Samsung" or "My dishwasher is making a lot of noise, man that thing is loud!"
If i search for those in the keyword explorer it tells my that those are getting way less searches.
What should I do when I have found a great keyword phrase?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks @tubefluence

Of course, and i'm not expecting 100% accurate search volume data. The thing is, when i watch this explanation vide:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbA5H-SCXic&feature=emb_logo

it shows "# of monthly searches (estimate)" data.
View attachment 8831
And I rarely see this. Of the 20ish keyword phrases I have found of different topics, there is not one with that type of data. So I'm guessing it only shows up when it's a pretty high level and short keyword that does have some data like this and when you start entering a longer one or one that is not searched that often it does not have data and that part does not show up at all? If this is the case then it should still show the line "# of monthly searches (estimate)" but the result should then be "unknown" rather than it not being there at all. I'm just a little confused about how to interpret the search result data.

So this is a limitation of the YouTube api. There are TRILLIONS of word combinations. WE can only pull from so many and some terms have as little as "10 a month" so it's a balance of what is actually helpful, and what our users search and need. We have the graph if the estimates don't always show. The graphs as said in the video are a great guide to this.

OP
OP
Yilk81

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
Not sure why I can't edit my start topic....
I have looked around a little bit more and I have just discovered that I'm actually seeing the number of search results aka amount of videos returned with the specific keyword and not the monthly estimated search amount. I actually have very little keyword phrases that show me the estimated montly search amount. Why is this? How do I guage how much this specific keyword phrase is being searched for and thus how in demand it is if there is no number to back it up. Just excellent can be a very very wide range of how well it actually is.

tubefluence

The question goes like this: Ik have a keyword "My dishwasher is making a lot of noise" it has an excellent score of 89/100 with 131 million searches. So what should I use as the title of my video that I will make on this subject?
Yes- this should appear at the front of your video title. You can add in a secondary keyword such as "dishwasher repair" or something along those lines to the end as well, but it's always ideal to keep your metadata as relevant as possible.
How do I guage how much this specific keyword phrase is being searched for and thus how in demand it is if there is no number to back it up.
No keyword tools can provide 100% accurate search volume data- all numbers are estimates. Look at the colored bar that TubeBuddy offers in the Keyword Explorer and go off of that.

OP
OP
Yilk81

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
Thanks @tubefluence

No keyword tools can provide 100% accurate search volume data- all numbers are estimates. Look at the colored bar that TubeBuddy offers in the Keyword Explorer and go off of that.
Of course, and i'm not expecting 100% accurate search volume data. The thing is, when i watch this explanation vide:

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 08.34.02.png

And I rarely see this. Of the 20ish keyword phrases I have found of different topics, there is not one with that type of data. So I'm guessing it only shows up when it's a pretty high level and short keyword that does have some data like this and when you start entering a longer one or one that is not searched that often it does not have data and that part does not show up at all? If this is the case then it should still show the line "# of monthly searches (estimate)" but the result should then be "unknown" rather than it not being there at all. I'm just a little confused about how to interpret the search result data.

tubefluence

So I'm guessing it only shows up when it's a pretty high level and short keyword that does have some data like this and when you start entering a longer one or one that is not searched that often it does not have data and that part does not show up at all?
Yes, this is the case. Some keywords will have an estimated search volume, some will not. It often depends on keyword popularity.
If this is the case then it should still show the line "# of monthly searches (estimate)" but the result should then be "unknown" rather than it not being there at all.
This is something you could reach out to TubeBuddy about!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks @tubefluence

View attachment 8831

So this is a limitation of the YouTube api. There are TRILLIONS of word combinations. WE can only pull from so many and some terms have as little as "10 a month" so it's a balance of what is actually helpful, and what our users search and need. We have the graph if the estimates don't always show. The graphs as said in the video are a great guide to this.

OP
OP
Yilk81

Yilk81

TubeBuddy User
Thanks @Andrew,I guess I just have to start with a few ideas and videos to get the hang of everything. I can try to pre analyze everything to death but I need to actually start getting things done and start posting videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.