• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help YouTube studio editor sync issue

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone, firstly happy new year. I've had a break in December to come up with a new game plan now that we're back in lockdown 3.0. and I can't get out and film anything, so I hope that everyone is doing well.

I have a video that was 9.25 minutes long, I uploaded it in September 2019, then last year I cut a section out using YouTube editor and I've just been told that now the video gets to 2.05m (where I took the section out) the audio is right but the visual is from the original version. On the main page, the time says 7.47, when you click on the video it reverts to 9.25, but when it gets to 7.47 and the audio is done the visual just freezes.

I really don't want to take the video down and re-upload as it has 3.3k views, 169 hours watch time and is ranking number 1 on all tags, but I don't want to leave it up if it isn't right.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Hey there! It has been a while!

Can you link the video so we can see if others are getting the same glitch?

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks, i was getting a bit frustrated with making plans and then having to cancel them because of the lockdowns, so I took a month out and worked on a bit of research and self-learning.

Here's the video link, around 2 minutes just after the curtains close it has new audio but old visual.
View: https://youtu.be/aG8xx7l6pKg

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
OK, if I'm following, then yes, I'm hearing you refer to a wardrobe but the visual is for the table. The audio at the end is out of sync.

Here is what it looks like. It looks like you snipped out an audio-only section of a size and replaced the audio with a track that was shorter than the part you cut out. Then it looks like the audio was collapsed down to make up for the missing space.

I would check to make sure that the section you cut and replaced included both the audio and video.

OP
OP
Kari B

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
On the editing board, it just shows 7.47m for both audio and visual, and when I preview it plays as it should. I might restore it to the original version and then edit it again in a week or so.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
On the editing board, it just shows 7.47m for both audio and visual, and when I preview it plays as it should. I might restore it to the original version and then edit it again in a week or so.
Probably worth doing.