• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Tried using Google ads - got rejected

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Has anyone got an ad rejected before on Google Ads?
I tried using the google ads for the first time and it got rejected. The message said "Dissaproved - sensitive events".

It goes on to list public health emergencies, civil issues, animal cruelty, hacking, etc... but I honestly don't see where my video does any of these things. The video is the latest on on my channel titled "Kids treasure Hunt part 2".

Is it the word "hunt" that is throwing it off? My video does have a magical gorilla that appears, and the kids fight it off... could that be the reason? Seems to me that imaginary characters that get their comeuppance should be taken considered when approving ads. Anyway, this was my first and I think only time I'll try to use Google ads to get more visibility on my work. I guess I'll have to keep working on the SEO and hoping that YouTube recognizes my channel. However, if anyone has any tips on where I messed up or any similar stories... I'd appreciate the comments on this thread.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, the review is automated unless you appeal. I've used ads for years and never had one rejected. My guess is given the climate over the past week, it is probably the idea of "gorilla hunt" that got flagged.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're trying to use your most recent video as an ad, all I can ask is WHY? Usually if you're going to use a video as an ad, you'd want it to be a trailer for your channel (if you're not trying to sell something and all it is is just videos, again... why? unless it's a channel trailer to promote the channel as an entirety)
And if you're making a 3 minute video as an ad... again... why? No one is going to watch a 3 minute ad.

And back to the subject "gorilla hunt" out of context is basically promoting animal cruelty to a protected species... and if you're making a video about kids hunting a "magical" gorilla, it's still setting a bad example that hunting endangered rare animals is "fun", that's my out of context, thinking like an algorithm that doesn't understand context, opinion.

OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, the review is automated unless you appeal. I've used ads for years and never had one rejected. My guess is given the climate over the past week, it is probably the idea of "gorilla hunt" that got flagged.
That probably is it. Thanks!
If you're trying to use your most recent video as an ad, all I can ask is WHY? Usually if you're going to use a video as an ad, you'd want it to be a trailer for your channel (if you're not trying to sell something and all it is is just videos, again... why? unless it's a channel trailer to promote the channel as an entirety)
And if you're making a 3 minute video as an ad... again... why? No one is going to watch a 3 minute ad.

And back to the subject "gorilla hunt" out of context is basically promoting animal cruelty to a protected species... and if you're making a video about kids hunting a "magical" gorilla, it's still setting a bad example that hunting endangered rare animals is "fun", that's my out of context, thinking like an algorithm that doesn't understand context, opinion.
Hey Beanie, long time no talk.

yeah I did the discovery ad option, whereyou can targetyour video based on keywords or have the video appear along channels and videos you target. So the why is to get discovered.

The word combo ΓÇ£gorilla huntΓÇ¥ was not explicitly used in a title or description or keywords for the video. The odd thing is how did YouTube decide (if that is how they decided to flag the video) to put that kind of combo together. IΓÇÖd post the link to the video here for analysis, but I fear I may break some forum rules in adding it here.

Secondly, by the logic you used.. almostany verb that has an innocent threat along side an animal or figure would be deemed appropriate to flag. Example: ΓÇ£egg hun with our dogΓÇ¥ or ΓÇ£chasing our kids with a nerf gunΓÇ¥... then by the logic you pointed out YouTube would see ΓÇ£hunt dogΓÇ¥ or ΓÇ£kids gunΓÇ¥ and then flag it.
I dunno... I never had the word gorilla in anything, but the video does have a King Kong feel to it...

Coolrunner

hello all,
i want to use google ad to promote my future youtube videos. there will be no advertisement or promotional links. am i gonna get approved? is there any step by step guide video for google ad - using to promote youtube videos? is it worthy?
thank you.

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
Do you have closed captions on your video? I would recommend having them and making sure they are accurate. There is a huge difference between a gorilla hunt and a guerrilla hunt, the latter of which would probably be considered highly sensitive.

Last edited:

Quack Quack #HHBMV

www.quackquackbeats.com
Subscriber Goal
I spent several hours on the phone w Google Ads support in Sept and Oct 2020 because of consistent rejections based on incorrect AI flags, including "shocking content", "drug use", and something about being illegal in Russia, none of which apply to my vids. I had around 20 ads rejected. I pleaded with them on several occasions to take a deeper look at my account to see if there was a reason why I was always being rejected, even after several appeals. One of the reps once told me that there were fewer human approvers available due to COVID (although I can't imagine how COVID plays into this unless approval staff can't work remotely for some reason), and that many ads require human intervention at some point. He said that if a vid ad is flagged by the AI, it then goes through a human screener. Anyway, all of those rejections suddenly stopped and I haven't had an advertised video rejected since.

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I spent several hours on the phone w Google Ads support in Sept and Oct 2020 because of consistent rejections based on incorrect AI flags, including "shocking content", "drug use", and something about being illegal in Russia, none of which apply to my vids. I had around 20 ads rejected. I pleaded with them on several occasions to take a deeper look at my account to see if there was a reason why I was always being rejected, even after several appeals. One of the reps once told me that there were fewer human approvers available due to COVID (although I can't imagine how COVID plays into this unless approval staff can't work remotely for some reason), and that many ads require human intervention at some point. He said that if a vid ad is flagged by the AI, it then goes through a human screener. Anyway, all of those rejections suddenly stopped and I haven't had an advertised video rejected since.
Thanks for sharing this information. That is interesting for sure and your persistence paid off. I'll keep challenging it and hopefully I can get someone on Google Ads support to plead my case.

Thanks again!