• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback With or without the iPad boarder frame?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is one of those thumbnails where I'm not entirely sure if it translates well. I will be A/B testing this one in about a week or so (maybe sooner if the CTR is low, but I can't see what the CTR is yet) but my main question is do you prefer this with, or without the ipad boarder (and do you like the slight slant?)

animation assist smaller.jpg

I'm not sure weather to keep the focus on the digital aspect (with the ipad) or go with the one below (without the ?) and focus more on the artwork rather than the app itself.

animation assist smaller2.jpg

And I guess overall, does it translate well enough that this is actually a bunch of frames transitioning together? Fun fact, that's actually how it looks in the app while animating.

I do like the corner banner and grungy background with the black boarder, but as always, I'm not 100% sold and always open to new ideas and experiments.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
IMHO, the ipad boarder and pen implies it is about "learning to draw" versus the other which I could read as "watch me draw".

If I'm being really nit-picky, I would probably remove the background on the iPad version to eliminate the cable.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Agree with @SILTHW. The iPad also implies what platform you are using - where as the 2nd one could be anything... How do I know you aren't using a Wacom Tablet with a desktop? Or anything else. So the iPad makes it more approachable IMHO as it looks like something I could do at home.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IMHO, the ipad boarder and pen implies it is about "learning to draw" versus the other which I could read as "watch me draw".

If I'm being really nit-picky, I would probably remove the background on the iPad version to eliminate the cable.
Thanks mate :) that gives me something to A/B test soon :) It's currently at 6% CTR so I'll see what the number is like in a week and test it out :)