• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined An Unabbreviated Live Subscriber Count Widget

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechTheBoy

TubeBuddy User
I would love to see an option of An Unabbreviated Live Subscriber Count Widget where we can go to see the realtime sub counts of YouTubers. That'd be so cool.

Reactions: IanDominicTV

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The problem with that is TubeBuddy is using YT's API and there are some limitations with that, as far as I know.

Reactions: SAMBOCA

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Probably impossible because YouTube killed off live subscriber count feeds.

You can thank all those T Series vs PewDiePie subcount streams for that.

The problem with that is TubeBuddy is using YT's API and there are some limitations with that, as far as I know.
Yeah, YouTube intentionally killed exact subscriber counts. They SAY it was for consistant reporting across platfroms, but really, it 's because of all those t series vs pewdiepie subcount streams spamming YouTube.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
but really, it 's because of all those t series vs pewdiepie subcount streams spamming YouTube.
I did hear a little about their sub competition, never got it. I honestly never understood why anyone would care about watching someone else's live sub count (I do not care if my sub count is live). Even seeing the whole number is not a big deal. My analytics show me mine... quite frankly I have never been concerned about the exact count for anyone else. I really hope I am not turning into the grumpy old man ha ha

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did hear a little about their sub competition, never got it. I honestly never understood why anyone would care about watching someone else's live sub count (I do not care if my sub count is live). Even seeing the whole number is not a big deal. My analytics show me mine... quite frankly I have never been concerned about the exact count for anyone else. I really hope I am not turning into the grumpy old man ha ha

To be quite honest, I never liked those live sub count races thing.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A lot of it is the culture of that age demographic. And at the time is was a clash of cultures as well until PewDiePie toned it down and made YouTube inclusive of all, but for a while it was a "us vs them" kind of thing. I think it was more a fact of people wanted to watch "history" of the biggest YouTube channel be overtaken "I was there when it happened" kind of thing.

And I guess as an analysis kind of thing it was semi interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.