• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What do you guys think is the best way to gain subscribers in the least amount of time? And, Thanks in advance!

TechTheBoy

TubeBuddy User
What do you guys think is the best way to gain subscribers in the least amount of time? And, Thanks in advance!

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think a better focus is developing an audience, an ideal viewer you want to watch your content. Subs don't mean jack if they don't watch your current because they will hurt ur CTR and signal to YT that ur subs aren't into ur content thus leading it to be promoted less.

OP
OP
TechTheBoy

TechTheBoy

TubeBuddy User
I think a better focus is developing an audience, an ideal viewer you want to watch your content. Subs don't mean jack if they don't watch your current because they will hurt ur CTR and signal to YT that ur subs aren't into ur content thus leading it to be promoted less.
True!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well first of all subscribers don't give you anything really, it's simply a number that shows on your profile. It's watch time that's more important. You simply want an amazing thumbnail, but no one is going to click on an amazing thumbnail if the topic is boring. You need a topic in your niche that's "trending", so whatever you're interested in, find a topic that's in the news, and make a video on that. All niches have their own news worthy topic. Go to Google Trends, type in a topic or news item you think might be trending in the news, and if it is, do some content on it.

Keep in mind, trending news worthy content only has a limited lifespan, so what is relevant in the next month, might stop getting views after a month, meanwhile a topic that isn't particularly news worthy, might have a much longer lifespan. Tutorials gain views LONG after released.

You're not going to have a blow up in subscribers though. I've seen viral videos with MILLIONS of views, but the channel it'self has less than 1000. So you have to give a reason why people should subscribe.

What is your why? WHY should someone subscribe to you?

• Love
Reactions: SG21 and CoW mAn

Saucisse Gang

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
in youtube u need to take ur time cuz it always better to focus on the quality and not the quantity

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There are a lot of variables at play here. Do you really want to focus soley on getting as many subscribers as fast as possible? Or do you want as many subscribers as possible who enjoy the content that you make? Because if you really want the most subs possible then you first need to look at what the most people want.

For example, if i was going to experiment with a channel to see just how many subs I could cram in I would look and see the biggest need available. Maybe a channel dedicated to identifying the values of used cars based on miles/age and cross-referenced against Kelly Blue Book and Insurable vehicle values. That way you know the average price of a car for sure when you go to buy one used. There is a lot of value in that.

But I do not want to do a channel about this.

I want to do a channel about what I am passionate about. I am not passionate about vehicle values. And that is the rub; a lot of people choose a niche that they enjoy and there is nothing wrong with that. but you have to understand that these niches are often saturated and of less value to consumers. Which equates to less subscribers.

Reactions: SG21 and Damon

CoW mAn

TubeBuddy Legend
vacationimpossible.ca
Subscriber Goal
There's no one answer that works for all people and all situations. The fastest way would be to have a viral video or get a shout out from someone famous but there's no formula for either of those. I think small youtubers need to do about 100 things to try and grow their audience and different things work for different people. I think it starts by giving your audience every opportunity to subscribe by adding a branding watermark, end screens, etc

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

I COMPLETELY agree with this. I don't try and push people subscribing to my channel as I want subscribers who genuinely like my videos and are actually interested. It's no good having random subscribers as none of them are going to actually bother watching your vids and may end up hurting your channel. You need dedicated viewers, people who are into the same things as you, people who genuinely want to watch you. If people like you then they will subscribe of their own back. There are billions of people out there who will like your videos, you've just got to be patient and consistent. I once watched a youtuber who said they were getting no views or subs but then they uploaded another video and woke up to loads views and subscribers, they said it'll happen you just need to be consistent.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think that one of the best ways is consistency and persistence. My trends show that viewers like it when I post consistently and I get less views if I fall out of that pattern. My channel has never been better and I think it's because I keep making content and uploading it weekly :)

SG21

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well first of all subscribers don't give you anything really, it's simply a number that shows on your profile. It's watch time that's more important. You simply want an amazing thumbnail, but no one is going to click on an amazing thumbnail if the topic is boring. You need a topic in your niche that's "trending", so whatever you're interested in, find a topic that's in the news, and make a video on that. All niches have their own news worthy topic. Go to Google Trends, type in a topic or news item you think might be trending in the news, and if it is, do some content on it.

Keep in mind, trending news worthy content only has a limited lifespan, so what is relevant in the next month, might stop getting views after a month, meanwhile a topic that isn't particularly news worthy, might have a much longer lifespan. Tutorials gain views LONG after released.

You're not going to have a blow up in subscribers though. I've seen viral videos with MILLIONS of views, but the channel it'self has less than 1000. So you have to give a reason why people should subscribe.

What is your why? WHY should someone subscribe to you?

Your comment and answer just give a lot of people hope, thank you!