• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What annoys you as a YouTuber?

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The thing that annoys me both as a viewer and a YouTuber is the way add the word Million to their view count on their livestream. For example, I saw someone on their livestream saying "Shout out to our 20 (their current view count) million viewers!" I don't know who coined the term of adding the word million to their view count that is significantly lower than a million views. What about you? What annoys you as a viewer and a YouTuber?

Reactions: Damon

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The thing that annoys me both as a viewer and a YouTuber is the way add the word Million to their view count on their livestream. For example, I saw someone on their livestream saying "Shout out to our 20 (their current view count) million viewers!" I don't know who coined the term of adding the word million to their view count that is significantly lower than a million views. What about you? What annoys you as a viewer and a YouTuber?
Hey there first of all Happy New Year to you!

What annoys me, is the fact that the community tab is locked for no valid reason other than ΓÇ£hit blah blah subscribers then it will unlockΓÇ¥, that tab would be such a useful tool for us trying to grow, other platforms like Facebook or instagram have basically all features available for anyone, whatΓÇÖs YouTubes problem with unlocking this? For now we wonΓÇÖt know.

Second, tagging other channels using @, ok this is a little more understandable, as IΓÇÖm sure so many wouldnΓÇÖt want to be tagged, but if we make a video about another creator, like a shout out for example, wouldnΓÇÖt we, the ones making said videos, want to tag the one weΓÇÖre shouting out? Like I said, I get that not everyone wants to be tagged, but many more creators want to be tagged so they know theyΓÇÖre being mentioned for example.

Other than that, nothing else comes to mind.

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is kind of dumb, but when I talk to my friends about my youtube channel, or a video I am working on...they always ask how many subscribers I am up to- like, ALWAYS ask. Then, when I answer- it is obvious they think I just suck and that is why I don't have a bazillion. They don't create for youtube, and have no clue how big of a deal gaining even one subscriber is.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I agree with @WV Pet Project it's the whole subscriber thing that annoys me to no end. The world is now trained to judge you solely on the number of people who hit the subscribe button. Sponsorships and ad integrations are initially (though not ultimately) decided on it, and your value as a creator... your self-worth it seems is based on the number of people you have convinced to subscribe. It is such a stupid, vanity metric.

I DESPISE going into a conversation and having to tell someone 'Oh yeah, I'm nearing 4,000 subscribers.' Going from that to the meat is ridiculous; 'oh by the way I've amassed nearly 7.5 MILLION views between multiple platforms we should chat about my SEO skills.'

Nope, it's sub count. That's the number that matters.

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think that's more spammer/begger culture which definitely is annoying.

For me, which annoys me to no end is people's obsession with arbitrary numbers. I get having goals and celebrating the achievements, but few things annoy more more than "I NEED x amount of subscribers" no you don't... you WANT subscribers. You don't even need to be monetized, (that's a general "you" by the way, not targeted at you specifically :) )
I guess in some countries, the monetization conversion means the income in some countries are a lot bigger than they are in say America or Australia, but I will say, if you put all your eggs into the monetization busket, you're letting soooo many better opportunities (sponsorships, brand deals, merchandise, affiliate links etc, which you have actual control over)

But yeah, I guess I can boil it down to "desperation"

People get so desperate for views, so desperate for fame, so desperate for the subscriber, it makes me wonder why you'd want to be on YouTube, it sounds like it takes the fun out of it worrying about views.

Oh and of course the "sub to me" "plz look at my channel" "shout me out" "plz plz plz"

It's' a very selfish, self centric culture, and I guess we can just blame society for not teaching manners and patience, but we're so self centric, it's all about "me" that it just feels so hollow and shallow sometimes, which is why so many channels never really succeed in my opinion.

Saucisse Gang

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
by people making so eazy content and having so much views and subscribers when other put so much effort on ideas montage etc and having low views and sub

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
by people making so eazy content and having so much views and subscribers when other put so much effort on ideas montage etc and having low views and sub
yes that is one of the most annoying things ever. The other thing is people posting the same content as ours but still getting better views since they have huge number of followers

fightthewheel

TubeBuddy Pro
fightthewheel.com
Subscriber Goal
2 things as a new creator.

1) That you need 1000 subs to monetize. I rarely subscribe to anyone myself. I do watch a ton of Youtube, also many videos from the same creators, but I just don't feel like "subscribing". I don't get the idea of it. The Like-button, I get it. You made a great video, I tell you I like it and I watched it.. Boom.. What would I subcribe for? I don't need to see your every video about X and having it pushed down my throat the minute it's upload. If you have something I need, I will find your video when I need it. All that begging, encouraging, please please please subscribe to my channel, it's is weird and a misunderstood way of showing support that encourages wrong behavior from creators, if you ask me.

Imagine if everytime during an episode of breaking bad, Game of Thrones or (insert your favorite show) it starts with, ends with, out of nowhere or all three, the main character suddenly looks at the camera and shouts - If you like to see me do (insert something) then smash that subscribe button, or something similar.. You'd never see another episode.

There are also quite a lot of viwers hating the "please subscribe to my channel"-moments during a video. So yeah.. It's a bad metric. Simple..

2) Haawk... Why in the name of the all mighty are creators guilty until proven otherwise. The way that process works pisses me off. If you don't know, Haawk are the ones (there are probably others as well) that immediately and automatically copyright claims your video the second it's uploaded if you use licensed music, even if you have a license to use the music (which of course you should).

Last edited:

CoW mAn

TubeBuddy Legend
vacationimpossible.ca
Subscriber Goal
For me sub4sub is the root of all evil. It results in so many spam comments, a fluctuating subscriber count, and people getting not just angry but livid with you if you're not willing to violate the Fake Engagement Policy. It's the most toxic thing in the small youtuber community in my opinion