• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnail Feedback

Bretski

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve been working pretty hard lately on trying to improve my channel. IΓÇÖve been working on improving my thumbnails as well. Does anyone have any feedback on how this looks?
88013E74-0A1A-4A79-98DE-7DB624F78738.jpeg

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Some general thoughts.

I assume your target audience will know the game from the thumbnail? If not some detail as to what game this is would be useful.

The elements in the corners will be very small. Have you checked them at the size most people will see them at (e.g. YouTube search results, channel video list, etc.) to see if they are legible?

From a design perspective, it is good to leave a "gutter" around the image. So bring your text up from flush with the bottom and bring your avatar our from the corner. More like how you placed the oculus icon.

Outside of that, it will be a matter of watching your CTR and comparing it to your other thumbnails.

Reactions: Bretski
OP
OP
Bretski

Bretski

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the feedback, I’ll do my best to improve ☺️

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There should be a logo of what the game you are playing for us to find out.

Varjopihlaja

Subscriber Goal
I would also maybe remove the small elements and maybe change the font to something more thicker and readable :)

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This is somewhat of an old thread but in terms of improvement to this thumbnail I suggest all small images in your thumbnail should be enlarged. Also bold the white text and increase its font size a bit more.

Reactions: DIMTIPS