• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question I was accepted as a Chewy Affilliate for my animal rescue channel

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have no experience with being an affilliate....do I just post the link and hope for the best?? Should I make a video announcing that I am now an affilliate...?

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Put the link into the description, be sure to mention it in your videos, and have some text in your description stating you're using affiliate links and that you may get small commission. Something like, "The video and description may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and order something, I may receive a commission. Money earned helps to support my channel."

Congratulations on getting the affiliate accepted!

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
you can mention the affiliate link in your video description or you can make a video about it to make people understand what it is. or you can share with your friends and families.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This was a big issue in 2019 where the FTC started requiring people to disclose relationships beyond sponsorships https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...tcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking
There's this as well https://www.freeprivacypolicy.com/blog/ftc-affiliate-disclosure/

It would depend on the level of affiliate. If all you're doing is posting a link in the description, then you need to disclose that it's an affiliate link. If you're doing a sponsored video for them, you need disclose that in the video it'self. If you mention a link in your video, you have to say it's an affiliate link. If it's something like posting an Amazon link, then you just disclose that in the description next to the link.

If your channel is affiliated in a deeper level, you might have to make it known in your channel banner as well. But that link from the FTC should help a bit further. No doubt there will be more here with better understandings than me :)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have no experience with being an affilliate....do I just post the link and hope for the best?? Should I make a video announcing that I am now an affilliate...?

That's incredible! Beanie added some great resources!

You can also add that link to all of your videos with TubeBuddy's star bulk lessening! If you don't have a paid version of TB you can earn it by posting and conversating a month upgrade here :D